Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut out the airbox lid, installed the BMC filter, now want to install the Fat Duc Manipulator. Where does it go? I am a little confused, as I thought it went on the the right side next to the vertical cylinder. The connector there on the frame is a 3 pin, the Fat Duc cable that I have is a 4 pin. Does it go somewhere else? I have an 08 Hyper S.
thanks much
Mike

·
Registered
125 Posts
This is really easy... just find the O2 sensor on the exhaust (it's down towards the bottom of the fat piece of pipe (the cat). Follow that wire closely up until you get to the connector. That's where the fatduc goes. Mine's basically between the two cylinders.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. I saw the 4 pin connector in front of the vertical cylinder. I think thats the one.

Also, when trying to get the air filter cover off, the damn threaded insert stripped. I had to force the cover off with the bolt still assembled. I then unscrewed the bolt from the insert and re-inserted it and tapped it in with a hammer. PITA.

Mike

·
Registered
245 Posts
I cut out the airbox lid, installed the BMC filter, now want to install the Fat Duc Manipulator. Where does it go? I am a little confused, as I thought it went on the the right side next to the vertical cylinder. The connector there on the frame is a 3 pin, the Fat Duc cable that I have is a 4 pin. Does it go somewhere else? I have an 08 Hyper S.
thanks much
Mike
Did you remove the air box lid all together? I already have a LV slip on and cat eliminator and now I need to work on the air box. Also where did you get the filter and the Fatduc?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cut a 2 and 1/8 in hole concentric to the air filter using a hole saw. This removes the lid just above the air filter inlet. I got the filter from LT Snyder (desmotimes.com), a BMC I think. It looks like a K and N. I picked up the Fat Duc online here as a fellow was selling his.

Mike

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ride Report with Fat Duc and Open Air Box

Nothing new here, but rode the bike with open air box (2 1/8 in hole in top). and Fat Duc set to factory setting: Bike definitely runs smoother, no popping on decel at all. Has just a little more punch as it lifts front wheel a little easier in 2nd gear. Overall very happy with the results. Would recommend this mod if your bike is stock.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts