Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this might be a dumb ? but i seem to be full of them but, i have d&d slip ons on my 02 st2,and i just ordered a k&n air filter, but i waas looking to get Fast By Ferracci Performance EPROM stage 1 chip, but befor i buy it i would like to know he it its installed, and plus i have no idea where the computer is on the bike,im not sure and wanted to know if it was somting i could do or if i should have some one else do it,also where is the air box(didnt get a owners book) but do you have to solder, but help would be much appreciated and again sorry if its a dumb ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
The comptuer is located under the seat. Take the seat off, it is the box with the big cable plug on it. Chip lives under a circular plug on top, probably a sticker covering it. You just an old school chip puller (think 1980s computers)

The airbox is located under the gas tank, take off the key guard and there is a rubber strap securing it down. DO NOT lift the tank if it is more than 1/2 full, you'll get a mess of gasoline streaming out of the filler lid.

·
Mr Leakered
8,810 Posts
Also, be careful around the computer. It can be shorted easily.

LT's 2v manual (www.desmotimes.com) should offer some good information about this. For reference, here is a webpage that talks about the ST4 ECU a bit in relation to throttle balancing:

http://www.bikeboy.org/ducati4vthrottleb.html

This is for the 4v engines, but will help with general information as the ST2 is somewhat similar.

One other thing, you can download owner's manuals and full, illustrated parts catalogs from the official ducati site for free:

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/service/parts/2002.jhtml?family=parts

This will help you with the basics and advanced stuff. The parts catalog can be more helpful than a service manual sometimes just due to the exploded views of everything.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks, i was wondering what that was under my seat, it the fbf chip the way to go or is there something better,i dont want to spen a lot of cash or at least right now, my ducati dealer has a dyno and dose power commander, but thats alot of money

·
Registered
557 Posts
ok thanks, i was wondering what that was under my seat, it the fbf chip the way to go or is there something better,i dont want to spen a lot of cash or at least right now, my ducati dealer has a dyno and dose power commander, but thats alot of money
I actually have a FBF EPROM chip that I am selling from my ECU. Think it is for Termi slipon's and a over the stacks type of filter. I was looking for $75 for it if your interested.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well i went to look and take a peak at my chip, and it looked like someone has been it there befor,i got it from a dealer so im not sure if they did any thing, but what dose the stock chip look like,the chip that is in it is all black and has a white sticker that says st2 and a few other #'s

J

·
0 Posts
Tonered right ,dont mess w/ the comp. unless you know w/ your doing.Get a e.c.u. unit for it,forget the chip,your on board comp. may freak out and crash,go get some sound advice on this matter,do it right or go home.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tonered right ,dont mess w/ the comp. unless you know w/ your doing.Get a e.c.u. unit for it,forget the chip,your on board comp. may freak out and crash,go get some sound advice on this matter,do it right or go home.
what do u mean, should i get a power commander or some thing like it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts