1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
96 Posts
i thought this today when having a read on the kazzi.

prob just results from the day.

march was scortchio here and april was pants weather wise. probabley done the naked bikes test in march and the sbks in april

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1098 SFS was a group test, against MV Agusta Brutale R1090 and Triumph Speed Triple R.
SFS No 1, weather 12C Light Wind Cloud/Sun.

848 SF was a group test, against Triumph Street Triple R and Husqvarna Nuda 900R.
Street Triple No 1, weather 12C Light Wind Cloud/Sun.

Pani S was a group test, aginst KTM 1190 RC8R and Aprilla RSV4 APRC.
Pani No 1, no weather detailed.

I always take these ride reports with a pinch of salt, as i now have a 848SF and it is so much better than my last Street Triple R. (Apart from the price)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I always take these ride reports with a pinch of salt, as i now have a 848SF and it is so much better than my last Street Triple R. (Apart from the price)
Fast bikes love the street triple as its such a wheelie bike and great value, oh and british.

my best quote from the mv, triumph and sfs.....
the quality and finish is second to none. Ducati make the rest look like pre-production mock-ups. Like the game, the streetfighter is addictive.

And it so is. Every time i walk in the garage i do a little sex wee!
I, for a second, before getting my second hand sfs thought about getting a new speed trip r. But like i said, it was only a second.
I think ive said before, even if the sfs road like a bag of crap, i would have it on finish and looks alone

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I suspect the gearing is different - the pani has longer legs - put a smaller final front sprocket on it and see what happens...

·
Premium Member
2,545 Posts
I suspect the gearing is different - the pani has longer legs - put a smaller final front sprocket on it and see what happens...
+1 gearing!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Apples and oranges:

put the bikes up against each other on the same day, same weather (especially barometric pressure) same track and same rider.....then you'll get comparable results.

·
1,765 Posts
Apples and oranges:

put the bikes up against each other on the same day, same weather (especially barometric pressure) same track and same rider.....then you'll get comparable results.
That test rider should be able to extract a very last bit of performance out of the bike. Only then the lap timer reading could be an indicator one bike is faster than another. But I see the same rider can make 1098 fastest on one track (like a track with a lot of long straights). And on a track with a lot of slow speed sharp turns 848 would be a winner. Or Streetfighter could be the fastest on a track where out-of-the-turn acceleration is critical.
Most of you don't have such skills. Not even close. But I do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts