Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Well, after owning and loving my 1997 SS/SP for 15 years, it's time to sell her, and the aftermarket parts I adorned her with. It's been great fun, and I've enjoyed learning about and helping others with their air cooled Supersports. Be safe all, and keep the rubber side down..

Best wishes, Joe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
Joe
Thank you for your stewardship of owning and maintaining a beautiful supersport, Lets hope its new home can at least keep it in as good a condition and will show it as much love as you obviously have.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the kind words! Since I don't ride her anymore, I'd like her to go to a good home, someone who will appreciate her!

·
Registered
171 Posts
So surprised to see this Joe-b, you've been a staple on this forum for years. As I'm an SS owner as well, I've always followed and read your informative posts. Going forward, I hope you'll still participate here.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
'Bummed to see you go and bummed I didn't get my act together in time to meet you at a Miller track day.

I remember one of my earlier PIR track days, you were in town visiting family, happened to be at the track and had stopped by my pit to chat and we didn't realize 'til later you were also on Ducati.ms.

Thanks for your contributions and encouraging words.

patrick

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
G'day Joe-B

Sad to see you sell that magnificent bike. I've always admired it from afar - it was one of the first Ducati images I ever downloaded as a reference to what I might aspire to achieve.

If you were selling the bike down-under, I'd reckon I'd be the first in line to inspect and bid. If you are selling the goodies or spares separately, please let us know where these are listed.

All the best for the sale and the future.

Regards

Muddy

Reactions: motolust

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys! My SS has certainly been a big part of my life for a while now.

Yes, I will be selling all the aftermarket goodies here, as soon as I can finish the list and come up with some fair prices.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It’s sad to see you selling her, but on that note I would be interested in some of the parts. Thanks for all your informative posts
Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
869 Posts
Joe
we never met but we chatted a few times. So sorry to see you go

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well, after owning and loving my 1997 SS/SP for 15 years, it's time to sell her....
You'll be missed, good luck with your next project!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear your motor needs to go but that doesn't mean you've got to go. Your knowledge , insight, comments and more will always be welcome and possibly needed...... just saying
Wow, thanks, that's really nice! I doubt I will stop lurking around here. I still love Ducatis, especially the Supersports.
This is my latest project:

Xtrainer 300 | Beta USA

I've always really loved riding in the dirt, and I picked up a 2017 in Aug. OMG, what fun, and knock on wood, I haven't even hurt myself yet! It's even licensed for the street in Wyoming, for getting to and from the trails, or for use on USFS dirt roads. Don't have enough time to ride the Beta and the Ducati. I will be keeping my CBR1000RR for when I want to scare myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,547 Posts
Thanks for your contributions. I have always appreciated your knowledge and willingness to contribute.

·
Registered
190 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts