Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock brake levers on my 999R. I've adjusted them down as far as I can and they are still too far out, causing me to reach for the lever when braking. What bothers me is the fact I can't simply rest my fingers on it and save reponse time in the event I have to brake hard and fast. Does anyone else have this problem?

I put Pazzos on my Multistrada and that barely helped. For some reason my last two Ducati's stock levers are positioned too far out. My previous 916 and 900 were in a comfortable position, no problem. Maybe my fingers shrunk with age? I'm reluctant to upgrade to Pazzos again if I'll be faced with the same problem, but the change will improve the looks of the levers, thats a consideration.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Wow, you must have really small hands. Good luck! I find with levers adjusted closer to the bar that I don't have the brake feel I want. With my CRGs I usually have them in the 3-5 of 6 click range...6 being furthest from the bar.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have stock levers on my 05 999s, but can't help you. I wear a xxxl glove, I need to adjust the lever out so I am not braking with my palm

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I've got small hands and don't have that issue. Perhaps your adjuster knobs are worn and arn't allowing you to adjust closer? On my 848, the brake lever can be adjusted to within two inches of the throttle. Thats pretty dam close!

I know the xx9 bikes have different master cylinders... maybe if you scored a set of used 848/1098 masters off ebay, they might work better? Not only that, but they don't have the leaking issues of the xx9 ones.

Just a thought.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
56 Posts
This is a bit of an aside, but I don't think I'd consider Pazzo levers an upgrade from the factory Brembo levers. :confused:

·
Registered
857 Posts
You should have two types of adjustments on the lever. The push-rod inside the lever and the screw on the outside of the lever. Are you using both to adjust them?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
You can also adjust the position of the master cylinder by removing the pins that lock the master cylinder position on the bar. This will also reduce damage to the master cylinder should the bike tip over. Tilt the master cylinder forward so you don't have to lift your fingers up.

You canalso move the master cylinder on the bar closer to the grip.

I'm using the MW Folding Radial Brake Lever: 999/1098/S4RS/HM/SF-Black .
The levers have a nice curve toward the bar, an easy to use adjuster knob and a folding feature that reduces damage in a lowside.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
John, they say the first thing to go when your old is the length in your fingers....or is it eyesight....memory? I forget?:D

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good responses. First of all, I don't have small hands, I wear an extra large glove. I didn't know there were two adjustment points, I know of the one sticking out of the bottom of the lever, I have that one turned all out. I don't know about the second one Nibbler alluded to, the push rod thing. I'll have to look for that. Eventually I want to change out the levers anyway, the stock ones appear oversized and I like the Pazzos on the Multistrada outside of the fact they don't adjust down far enough. It was pretty cool Pashnit was able to custom print "Dog Club" on the inside of the lever for me. Also, the brake side is a shorty lever, looks good. I'll fiddle with it based on suggestions and get back to you all. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts