Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally after five years, I'm going to tune up my 916 and get back on the road. I've had my bike (a 95) since 1997 but haven't been able to ride it since a problem with my fuel pump sidelined me about five years ago. So now I'm doing a major maintenance program - I'm following the tasks outlined in LT Snyder's booklet - and hoping to resolve the major issue that led me to park the bike.

Once I got started working on it, I began to appreciate just what a great bike it is, thus love blooms again.

For what it's worth, I'm a bit of a gear head and a project masochist. In queue, and not in any order as I don't know what I'll be working on next, are a 65 Mustang, a 2000 Mustang, a 79 Honda CBX, a 69 Kawasaki H1, a 2000 Subaru Forester and a Troybilt snowblower. Thankfully, my 95 BMW R100GS runs fine.

As I'm 70 years old, I better get crackin'.

So stay tuned for a description of my fuel pump problem which ended up dumping a good deal on my crotch after the bike's last fill up. That was an exciting ride.

·
Administrator
13,029 Posts
Hello and welcome to Ducati.ms. Super glad to have you roaming our halls.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts