Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd try and catch some color changing leaves in Flagstaff but I was a bit early. Found a few yellow trees but not many, and none had moved or orange or red.

This was my first test with the new GoPro 9 and I mounted it on the helmet. Worked well except that it didn't record during the best curves along 89a south of Flagstaff.

·
Administrator
12,472 Posts
Nicely done, just the right length of time and you captured the beauty and highlights.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nice video, and seemed like a pretty great day.
For my time, I really prefer the section of 89A between Yarnell and Jerome. Way more fun and winding than the section north of Cottonwood. Also, it tends to be way less of a tourist-traffic clusterf*ck than the areas around Oak Creek and Sedona. But, seeing as you were coming from Fountain Hills, I can understand the preference to run through Payson to get North. I'm in Peoria, so it's a lot easier for me to take 60 out of the city toward Congress to get to the base of the mountains.
Maybe next time try running the 260 west out of Payson over toward Cottonwood, and run 89A south from Jerome to Congress. Then take Carefree HWY back to 17 from Wickenburg to get back to the east valley.

Reactions: alrockaz

·
Registered
66 Posts
For my time, I really prefer the section of 89A between Yarnell and Jerome.
Yes! I was going to add this too. 89a is one of my all-time favorites.
Great ride video - made me jealous. 😄

1 - 5 of 5 Posts