Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During the rebuild of my 998, the replacement fairings I picked up didnt include the fairing screens. The (2) front screens for the air intakes, and the (2) that are mounted on the upper sides (that covers the fuse box on the right hand side).

1) Does anyone have a set that they would be interested in parting with, or a lead for a place that would?

2) Should I be worried about riding my bike without them (specifically the fronts)?

Jason

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
I took the front screens out of the air intakes, as they were always blocked with 'roadkill' then I cut the openings to get a bigger airflow, later I found some larger mesh lying around & I made some new screens just to keep large objects out, there's a pic in my gallery;

http://www.ducati.ms/gallery/showimage.php?i=852&original=1&c=3&userid=9370

But I ran for a few years with no screens without problem - filter caught the bugs! A lot of people take the screens out as they block too easily and are very restrictive.

But I have the old screens lying around in the Garage, they're no use to me as they won't fit the big holes, you're welcome to them if you want but I'm in England so not sure how much the postage would be. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. I PM'd you with my address. Let me know what postage would be, and add in the cost of whatever a pint of your favorite beverage.

Anyone out there with some extra screens for the sides??

·
Registered
67 Posts
try 58 Cycle. I know they offer a EPROM/filter/grill kit. They may be able to sell you just the grills. I believe they offer a little less restriction too...

Good luck.

-G

·
Registered
28 Posts
extra screens for a headlight fairing

I've got some extra screens off of a couple of headlight buckets that got crushed in a crash. that was about all that was salvagable. email me if you're interested in them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts