Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So debating selling the Hyper in order to step back to the Superbike.

With most of my riding going to track days and short Saturday/Sunday rides, I am planning to purchase a 1198 or 1198S later this year. I'd love to keep both, but wife may have my head.

So, with all the extra performance parts/bling, what is a 2008 Hyper-S Black going for today with all the stuff on it listed in my sig?

Kelly Blue Book, NADA is crap unless trading in which I will not. I've seen them advertised all over the place

Second Q: Transfer said parts/bling to the 1198 or use it to increase selling price?

Come on forum give a brotha some 2 or max 3 cents!

·
Confirmed Addict
295 Posts
Hmmmm...
9k for quick sale, 11.5K if you are patient and live in densely populated area, or someone wants a black one really bad. Subtract some cents if yours has more than 5K miles on the clock. You are usually better off replacing the stock bits and selling Termis and other bling separately. Only a few bits in your sig will work on the superbike.
Test the waters on craigslist with lots of pics and a thorough description.

So debating selling the Hyper in order to step back to the Superbike.

With most of my riding going to track days and short Saturday/Sunday rides, I am planning to purchase a 1198 or 1198S later this year. I'd love to keep both, but wife may have my head.

So, with all the extra performance parts/bling, what is a 2008 Hyper-S Black going for today with all the stuff on it listed in my sig?

Kelly Blue Book, NADA is crap unless trading in which I will not. I've seen them advertised all over the place

Second Q: Transfer said parts/bling to the 1198 or use it to increase selling price?

Come on forum give a brotha some 2 or max 3 cents!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hmmmm...
9k for quick sale, 11.5K if you are patient and live in densely populated area, or someone wants a black one really bad. Subtract some cents if yours has more than 5K miles on the clock. You are usually better off replacing the stock bits and selling Termis and other bling separately. Only a few bits in your sig will work on the superbike.
Test the waters on craigslist with lots of pics and a thorough description.
+1

·
Registered
265 Posts
How many miles are on the bike?

I bought my used 08 hyper s not that long ago and there were a few on the market used at the time.

One with a bunch of mods and 15K miles at $9800.00, one with average mods non S model and 5K miles at $9000.00 another with only 900 miles and little to no mods that i ended up picking up for about 10K.

Hope that helps. in my case the low mileage won over the tons of mods. Not sure if thats the same for others in the market.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In the same boat. Like to sell the Hyper to get a Streetfighter. Have all the mods, 2-1 Termi, DP cams, Comfort seat, STM slipper, Motovation sliders, 2600 miles. I would be happy to get 11.5 for it. Guess it's not the right time to be selling.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Bike should be worth whatever KBB or similar reference says trade vs. retail. The mods you have are at best 30-50% of what you paid for them. If you get lucky and find the right buyer, maybe better.

Out!

·
Registered
10 Posts
+1 on tryin' to sell the parts separate, make some extra $$$$ in the process, I don't have a HM yet (still looking) but its all about the mileage & accessories if your selling it privately. There's a guy I've been in contact w/in St. Augustine has an "s" w/only 560mi. offering it to me for $9500, no mods, but low mileage is more important to me than alot mods. But if you can get both for the right price then why not, I'm still tryin' to sell my bike for the last 6 months now & I have a Jap bike, can't imagine for the Duc owners! Not a good time for the motorcycle market...........well at least in my area anyway. Good luck w/the sale bro!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
screw it have a 1198s and a moded out hyper thats what i did...cover one of the bikes up and tell her u only have one she wont know....you are going to miss your hyper anyway trust me but its tits to have both hell you only live once.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Out here in Northern California you would be lucky to get $9,500 for that bike, assuming it had under 5k miles. I'd sell the aftermarket stuff separately if you can get at least 50 cents on the dollar for it.

In stock form, sub 5k miles, that bike would probably go for around $9k here, and even at that price would take time to sell. More miles, lower price.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I personally think its best to go by KBB or NADA value and just discount the price a bit for the economy. I think people are selling there Ducati's way to cheap. If you really shop around at similar sport orientated bikes, not just Duc's, you'll find that selling a stock Hyper for under $9000 is dirt cheap. As far as accessories go, as I learned from the Harley guys who are the bling masters...all those accessories add not real $$ value to the bike but merely help selling it if the person buying it wants that stuff on the bike.
I put my stock HM (3500 miles) up for sale for $9500 willing to negotiate as low as $9000, below that price its just not worth selling to me. I have many small reasons for trying to sell it (none financial) and would only replace it with an under $4000 standard bike, like a Bonneville.
Your not selling a Honda motorcycle where there are a gillion of them for sale so stand steady on the price you want from the bike.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I personally think its best to go by KBB or NADA value and just discount the price a bit for the economy. I think people are selling there Ducati's way to cheap. If you really shop around at similar sport orientated bikes, not just Duc's, you'll find that selling a stock Hyper for under $9000 is dirt cheap. As far as accessories go, as I learned from the Harley guys who are the bling masters...all those accessories add not real $$ value to the bike but merely help selling it if the person buying it wants that stuff on the bike.
I put my stock HM (3500 miles) up for sale for $9500 willing to negotiate as low as $9000, below that price its just not worth selling to me. I have many small reasons for trying to sell it (none financial) and would only replace it with an under $4000 standard bike, like a Bonneville.
Your not selling a Honda motorcycle where there are a gillion of them for sale so stand steady on the price you want from the bike.
There are low mileage stock 08's around here asking $8,500 and not even getting any tire kickers. I paid $9k for a basically brand new 08 with Termis and ECU, and probably overpaid a little. The market is very soft for the Hyper right now, similar to what happened to Monsters a couple years ago. My guess is a stock base 08 is probably gonna sell in the high $7s, low $8s right now and an S model maybe $1k more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello has the bike been sold ???? Please email me directly: [email protected] I am very interested in purchasing a 2008 hypermotard 1100s. I found one in Florida for $8,500.00 with 2,600 miles on it and it has the after market nemesis type 2 ECU with stock exhaust....that is worth $1,300.00 It also has an aftermarket tank that holds 6.4 gallons worth $800.00.....I think that is a great buy...

Please let me know what you think....

·
Premium Member
12,385 Posts
You will never get what you got into it onviously , Got some good add ons that is what will probably sell it for you ,,Or sell the parts and put it towards the new bike and have 2 ,,There is nothing wrong with wanting the Moon too , you deserve it ,,

My dealer said we don't take trade ins you should just get another Ducati to go along with the original ,I can see the reasoning ,
Tough Decision

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello has the bike been sold ???? Please email me directly: [email protected] I am very interested in purchasing a 2008 hypermotard 1100s. I found one in Florida for $8,500.00 with 2,600 miles on it and it has the after market nemesis type 2 ECU with stock exhaust....that is worth $1,300.00 It also has an aftermarket tank that holds 6.4 gallons worth $800.00.....I think that is a great buy...

Please let me know what you think....
At $8500, you better buy that one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are low mileage stock 08's around here asking $8,500 and not even getting any tire kickers. I paid $9k for a basically brand new 08 with Termis and ECU, and probably overpaid a little. The market is very soft for the Hyper right now, similar to what happened to Monsters a couple years ago. My guess is a stock base 08 is probably gonna sell in the high $7s, low $8s right now and an S model maybe $1k more.
Wow, CA is giving them away. A $14,500 bike before tax, title, fees for $8k now?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Took delivery on a new 09 Hypermotard 1100s last week for $13,600 out the door. About 10,800 before tax and license.
If they are selling them for $3,695 less than the price here in FL of $14,495 (full price), what are they selling 1098, or 1198's for????

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How many miles are on the bike?

I bought my used 08 hyper s not that long ago and there were a few on the market used at the time.

One with a bunch of mods and 15K miles at $9800.00, one with average mods non S model and 5K miles at $9000.00 another with only 900 miles and little to no mods that i ended up picking up for about 10K.

Hope that helps. in my case the low mileage won over the tons of mods. Not sure if thats the same for others in the market.
Just turned 4000 miles.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tough sale, somehow bikes with over 2000 miles are just not that attractive to most buyers.
As far as color, in my experience very few buyers want the black one (except for me!).

I bought my black 2008 HMs 6 months ago with 1100 miles from a guy in LA for $9500.
The bike was mostly stock with the DP CF hugger and heelguards, CRG mirros, ASV levers...
He had tried to sell it for a while and no one would touch it so he was real happy when I showed interest.
With today's economy I think it would go for even lower, especially in city like Orlando.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just joined this forum to see if I could find a good deal on a used Hyper. My local dealership has a brand new 08 for 8000$ w/1st service OTD. 7500$ wo/1st service OTD. I am kinda confused. I have not seen a used Hyper for under 8500. :confused: If anyone has a used Hyper for a reasonable price, Please let me know.

Eric

1 - 20 of 32 Posts