Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my 748 and wanted to get some input from you guys. What do you think a fair asking price for a 98 748 would be? I know price will vary greatly depending on mileage, mods, maintainance, and the overall shape of the bike. I also know prices are down a bit considering the market.

Anyways a few quick specs on the bike to help determine its value:

Its a 98 748S

-13,500 miles
- great shape cosmetically and mechanically
- maintainance is up to date ( flaking rockers replaced, belts, valves adjusted etc) all big ticket items taken care of
- tons of mods, custom paint, powercoated frame, completely torn down and rebuilt
- clear title, always garage kept

Interested to hear some input. Not gonna argue anyones opinions, just trying to get a feel for what it would bring.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
without pics it's much harder.
Custom paint job can either be good or bad. Generally, anything custom you are gonna have to find someone with the same taste as yours.
"tons of mods" is very vague and ambiguous at best.

Generally, here in my area for a bike with your miles and year I can find one for $3.5k to $5K(for pristine examples).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe this will help then

as far as the mods go:

Custom paint
Powerdercoated frame, wheels, and brackets
DZUS quick release fasteners on all fairings
Fast by Ferracci Carbon Exhuast
Ohlins Rear Shock
DP ECU
DP braided brake lines
Cyclecat rear sets, shifter and brake pedal
Billet vented clutch cover
Carbon fiber airbox, front fender, chain guard and rear fender
Mad Duc Air Filters
Integrated LED brakelight and turn signals
Fender Elimanator
Kick Stand Bypass
DID chain

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't know about the US - but the UK it would be 3-3.5K GBP.......from the one's I've looked at in the states (we moved over) I'd probably have said around $4.5K ish (just based on the 916's I've seen).......if someone likes the paint (and it's done well)

I personally like the look of your bike - kinda Infostrada like........without the decals! Best of luck with the sale......

Neil

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
That looks nice! Good luck selling it if that's what you really want to do. I think I saw your bike on another forum somewhere. Supermotojunkie maybe? I was going to sell my '01 or look for an interesting trade. Instead I got a lot of interesting "offers" which mostly amounted to junk. "I'll trade you my '89 Camaro and XBox360 system with ten games" and that kind of thing. I put over 15k into mine and I'd be lucky to get half that now. So I'm just going to keep it.

Probably sink another 5k into it later. :D

I've seen them dirt cheap, we picked up another one, a 2000 earlier this summer for 3200. Some as high as 6500. Sometimes I'm amazed at how much people want for stock bikes. Some even claim KBB prices but are still 1000 over dealer KBB. Anyway, good luck with the sale, guess you gotta figure out what it's worth to you. In the end I decided to keep mine because I put too much into it and there are still a few things I want to do. It'll look nice in my office anyway. :) It's one of a kind, maybe you just want to keep it...;)

·
Registered
953 Posts
3500 for a relatively quick sale (less than 3 months)

4300 if you wait for a buyer and sell during summer months to a buyer not that familiar to the Ducati lineup.

Beautiful bike. Good luck with the sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts