Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have no idea what the material is that the regular front seat is made out of (back too for that matter) is made of, but it would seem like mine has faded pretty extremely. Curious if anyone had advice in restoring it to black. (getting it black is ideal, but obviously dont want grease or anythign on my pants)

·
Bon Vivant
11,335 Posts
So I have no idea what the material is that the regular front seat is made out of (back too for that matter) is made of, but it would seem like mine has faded pretty extremely. Curious if anyone had advice in restoring it to black. (getting it black is ideal, but obviously dont want grease or anythign on my pants)
You can buy spray-on dye /paint for upholstery. I've done faded carpets and complete vinyl and cloth auto interiors with the stuff and it works pretty good and it will hold up well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like good ideas... I'll look around. Worst case scenario, I can just buy a new seat/cover

·
Bon Vivant
11,335 Posts
Sounds like good ideas... I'll look around. Worst case scenario, I can just buy a new seat/cover
luimoto makes a nice seat cover. https://www.luimoto.com/?p=44 I had mine custom made with Alcantara and leather I like it better than the luimoto because its a little more subtle.
Also remember that the luimoto cover is designed to fit the stock seat not the DP comfort seat - I have the comfort seat

This is the Luimoto cover:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the luimoto cover on another bike and can vouch for the quality (if not for the subtlety)

My advice would be to get the DP comfort seat as it's a good mod anyway if you want to preserve your 'berries'

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the luimoto cover on another bike and can vouch for the quality (if not for the subtlety)

My advice would be to get the DP comfort seat as it's a good mod anyway if you want to preserve your 'berries'
Can vouch of the DP seat. Did a 1000 mile weekend on the SF once and bum felt fine. Arm felt like it was going to fall off though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts