Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any of guys know or how to fix slightly faded c/f on the termi's.Got a used rht side termi from florida today that has some slight weather damage on it thanks.:think:

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
You can try stuff called Meguairs Scratch X or other non abrasive polishing compound. Use a low speed buffer and buff the piece out, I use a simple Ryobi drill w/ a buffer pad attachment and foam pad. Wax it, if the carbon isn't much better take it to a professional autobody guy and have him clear it again. The sun is a killer to carbon no matter how much UVA protection the clear coat has.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can try stuff called Meguairs Scratch X or other non abrasive polishing compound. Use a low speed buffer and buff the piece out, I use a simple Ryobi drill w/ a buffer pad attachment and foam pad. Wax it, if the carbon isn't much better take it to a professional autobody guy and have him clear it again. The sun is a killer to carbon no matter how much UVA protection the clear coat has.
...A huge thanks for the word,i got some this morning and did 3-coats,it came out sweet zdm.I did it by hand cause i could not find a buffing tool.It came out so good that i did the other one.Have a great thankgiving and thanks for giving bro...jet.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts