Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

I am heading over to Italy next week on business to visit our factory. It just so happens that it is close to Bologna, so I have booked in for a Ducati factory tour (Wednesday next week).

I'm pretty excited...Woo Hoo!

Anyone been and got any advice or tips???

Cheers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Lucky bastard :D

Tip: Take lots of photos and then share them with fellow Ducati.ms members who aren't as luck as you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh, there in lies the problem - no cameras allowed in the factory, however, can take piccies in the museum, so I think I can handle that.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Cool place to eat

If you're in Bologna, you should go to this place…

PIZZERIA SCALINATELLA

Via caduti di cefalonia, 5
40125 - Bologna (BO) Italia

Tel. 051.262083

It is one of the most authentic restaurants in the center of Bologna and completely "untouristic"… easy to find

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. Thanks for the tip. Won't be there long, just enough time to visit Ducati, but hey, a man's gotta eat. Although if time runs thin, I'll skip a meal to spend more time with beloved machines...

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Cool. Thanks for the tip. Won't be there long, just enough time to visit Ducati, but hey, a man's gotta eat. Although if time runs thin, I'll skip a meal to spend more time with beloved machines...
The real divas are not in Borgo Panigale… you find them on the streets in town;)

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
Spend some time in to the company coffee shop around the time the workers take their break, have an espresso and pastry, and absorb the vibes. Lots of fun! Also stroll in the company parking lot and see what the workers are riding.

When I took my tours I was with company big wigs. Amazingly (or maybe not) the workers were much more friendly when I went back just by myself.

In any case you gonna have a blast!

-don

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
It is very hot in the factory, so make sure that you take some water with you. Also, you must visit a bar just outside the factory gates, where the couple who run it are a bit mad and have tanks of reptiles all around the place. They serve really good food too. An experience not to be missed!

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
If time is an issue just up the street from the Factory is the Star restaurant. Basically a simple "pizza parlor" - but what a pizza parlor! And you'll be in good company. :)

-don

·
Registered
23 Posts
The factory is an awesome place, and the history within the museum is even better.
The museum shop is quite small but if I remember correct there is a quite large Ducati Retail store about 5 min walk away. Any of the gate staff will show you where to go.
Also the staff "canteen" and "bar" is the place to go for for a good cheap lunch. You should pass it on the tour if not anybody can direct you. It is 30 seconds easy from the museum entrance around the corner to the right and just along the tunnel.

I have been 3 times now, the first at the opening weekend in 1997 and you could take pictures of the factory floor, but not a chance the next 2.

Enjoy it ;)

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
bring a camera phone (bb, iphone etc)... hang in back of the group and you can take pics of whatever you want. even got a thumbs up from some of the guys on d16rr production line as i took one

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
also,

if you're into cars at all... go visit the zonda factory... it's little more than a two floor retail store, and you're bound to run into horacio (founder, owner) and chat him up. Also, the "production facility" is 2 small rooms and you can see the guys hand placing the carbon fiber.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. There is some good solid tips there.

I am even more excited now!!!

Cheers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, thanks again for the info. I've been and have been back for a few weeks now and it feels like a distant memory.

Really enjoyed it, but the factory tour just went too quickly, but I guess it's because I had spent the best part of the day getting there and was stressing that I may miss it, so it seemed to be over in a flash.

The museum was pretty awesome!

I knew that Ducat started out making radios and condensers, but didn't know they also made shavers, manual calculators and cameras!

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just stopped by a couple weeks ago at 1:30 in the afternoon. They told me the museum was closed and to come back at 4:30. As I was on my way to Milan, I couldn't stay :-(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts