Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been notified the factory tours are cancelled due to the earthquake risk in Bologna, we had booked to go while out there for the MotoGP on the 14/15 July.
Will have to settle for the museum and shop instead.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
At least you got advanced notice. I was in Tuscany on vacation and had booked a tour. Drove 3 hours up to Bologna the morning of the tour, to find out they were closed, and had to drive 3 hours back. The earthquake happened that morning, while I was driving there...had no clue. I certainly harbor no ill will against them, but it was a kick in the pants for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
The museum is still worth the trip. I was there last week and really enjoyed the museum.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The museum was great and well worth a visit if you're passing that way, not sure if you had to be on a factory tour as we had planned until it was cancelled.
MotoGP at Mugello was awsome 1st time at a GP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've done 2 factory tours, first in 1999 then 2010. In 1999 the tour guide came out on a 916 making beautiful noise. 2010 was a little more corporate. The difference in scale for the factory in 11 years was pretty remarkable. Also, in 1999 mostly Europeans and in 2010 mostly Americans. Awesome crew on the tour, mad Ducati fans all... while we were taking our time through the museum (which is pretty great and well worth a trip) a Texan was telling me that riding his SF 1099 was "like a slap on the ass from the hand of god". I liked that.

Also, the Ducati store up the street and over the intersection has some crazy bargains. Picked up a Dainese jacket for under $200. Wish I could shop there regularly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts