Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Interested on thoughts on these, I have one to install on my 999R, seems like it should be a nice upgrade, what say you? F

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I installed one on my 999R a few months ago. I never had shifting problems, so the upgrade did not provide a real improvement in feel.

However, the unit is of MUCH better quality as compared to OEM

Here's a picture of oem (bottom) vs Factory Pro (top)

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've done one on a '05 GSXR-750 trackbike. It made finding neutral much more difficult, no problem on a racebike but no fun on the street. From my experience with the 1098 that's already a problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No relation

I've done one on a '05 GSXR-750 trackbike. It made finding neutral much more difficult, no problem on a racebike but no fun on the street. From my experience with the 1098 that's already a problem.
You've done what? To an 05 gsxr750?
Usually, Factory Pro replaces the detent star and leaves the arm and spring as stock on gsxrs.

The Duc Pro kit is a new detent arm with a bearing and a slightly stiffer detent spring.

No relation to the 1098 at all.
He was asking about false neutrals.

Marc Salvisberg

·
Registered
614 Posts
You've done what? To an 05 gsxr750?
Usually, Factory Pro replaces the detent star and leaves the arm and spring as stock on gsxrs.

The Duc Pro kit is a new detent arm with a bearing and a slightly stiffer detent spring.

No relation to the 1098 at all.
He was asking about false neutrals.

Marc Salvisberg
Got ya, thanks for the correction 6 mos. later. :sleep: FWIW I experience zero issues on the track with the 1098 and an RL Annitori QS. Being the QS kills both up and downshifts there's always positive gear engagement either way.

·
Registered
483 Posts
We use those in every bottom end engine build we do.We see a ton of trany problems with 848 1098 1198 and 1000ds track day and race bikes.The shift detente works well holds the drum more positively when shifting it also prevents the drum from over rotating ie.2nd to 3rd up shift drum can continue to rotate through 3rd and ride up the ramp into 4th a little ,then it rotates back down into 3rd.The roller and much heavier spring minimizes this.That motion puts a lot more stress on the gear selector shift fork.
A lot of ducati shift problems 90% stem from miss aligned shift mechanisms or damaged gear selector shift forks.I am refering to the mechanism under the left engine side cover.Long story short great product, excellent made,been using them for 8 years.Make sure entire shift mech is set up properly! Ducati has a hard time setting them up properly during race prep we find a lot of bikes wrong from the factory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts