Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there
Is there some way to reset the adjustments on the front forks & rear shock back to the factory default settings ?
Its a 1995 900ss & i have no way of referencing the current settings as the guy i bought it from had fiddled with it a lot...so im wanting to restore it to the factory settings as a starting point...

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Which SS900

CR or SP

They have different suspension components, I'll dig out my manual if it's an SP

Bob

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah cheers bob it is an SP

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Here you go

Front. Compression 6th position (clicks)
Rebound 4th position
Preload 18mm

Rear. Compression. Max less 1 turn
Rebound. Max less 1 turn
Preload, as necessary

If you want I can email you a scan of the pages to show position of the adjustment points, should that be unclear.

Enjoy,

Bob

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hammo, you might consider having your suspension tuned up first. Your local suspension guru can rebuild the shock and you can change the fork fluid. After 17 years, who knows what's in there. The shock fluid, being close to the exhaust, has probably been thru hundreds of extreme heat cycles and might have turned to goo by now.
The factory settings will only apply to forks/shocks in "as new" condition.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys ...as usual great advice & really insightful & helpful stuff...have reset to stock & it really seems noticeably better...no idea what the previous dude had done but the left & right front forks were both diff settings...!!...gives me a basis now to sort out what's lacking or needs improvement...:D cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts