Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching forums and online for a way to purchase the factory 12v power outlets. Is there any way to buy them? I see the options of powerlet and the like, but I'm interested in OEM. I just want to add a couple of outlets on the handlebars and I've read mixed reviews about the other brands.

·
Registered
869 Posts
You don't state where you are in your profile, but I would recommend looking at options at Motorcycle Luggage, Motorcycle Protection, Handguards & Accessories | TwistedThrottle.com

I've added powerlet and USB power outlets to several bikes. I don't see the point in trying to get the Ducati OEM unless you want to just spend extra money.

I power mine through a FuzeBlock that resides under my seat, it has its own built in relay. I use the OEM rear powerlet feed as the trigger for the relay, so it's only live when the bike is on. This unit has fused circuits for my GPS, Radar Detector, Heating Clothing and my LED Driving lights.

I have the main power that feed, for the FuzeBlock, coming from the battery, so that way I have no way of upsetting the CanBus.

Here's a USB port on my Aprilia Tuono

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You don't state where you are in your profile, but I would recommend looking at options at Motorcycle Luggage, Motorcycle Protection, Handguards & Accessories | TwistedThrottle.com

I've added powerlet and USB power outlets to several bikes. I don't see the point in trying to get the Ducati OEM unless you want to just spend extra money.

I power mine through a FuzeBlock that resides under my seat, it has its own built in relay. I use the OEM rear powerlet feed as the trigger for the relay, so it's only live when the bike is on. This unit has fused circuits for my GPS, Radar Detector, Heating Clothing and my LED Driving lights.

I have the main power that feed, for the FuzeBlock, coming from the battery, so that way I have no way of upsetting the CanBus.

Here's a USB port on my Aprilia Tuono
I don't know much of anything about electric work, can you tell or show me how you connected the main power from the battery? I'm going to order the fuzeblock as well.

Edit: Never mind I see they sell the wiring harness.

·
Premium Member
12,284 Posts
Me and lectricity don't get along...
The fuses are touchy so do the unhook the battery first and have spare fuses at the ready.
I would try to not drill any holes in body work and use the method of being able to undo what you done.

what are you planning on running?
Will usb ports do the trick?
tricks of the trade by a good electrician/mechanic rather than a rats nest of wiring, shrink tubing, quality connections, proper wiring all that makes for a professional job.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm almost done but I need a quick question answered.

The two wires that connect the factory 12v outlets in back. Which is the power wire? The black wire is the ground I assume, and that makes the blue/red wire the switched power wire right??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts