Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started to commute on my SC1000 biposto and was wondering if anyone has a solution for an ezpass tag? Is there a place to hang it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I commute in So Cal on my SC Bip and put the FasTrak transponder in the compartment under the seat. It sends a signal when I go through the Toll Booth with no problem. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I commute in So Cal on my SC Bip and put the FasTrak transponder in the compartment under the seat. It sends a signal when I go through the Toll Booth with no problem. :D
Awesome - are you talking about where the tool kit is kept for the Sports Classics?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a holder on my back pack for an EZ pass and it doesn't read. It also doesn't read from my pocket.

The tag works, so that's not it. Do you think it will work under the seat? maybe SOCAL has better transponders?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm surprised yours wouldn't work in your pocket or back pack. Our transponders are about 4" x 3.5". They are pretty big.

·
Registered
565 Posts
They never work for me in pocket and sometimes they don't work when I ride thru with one hand holding the thing up over my head.

·
Registered
108 Posts
They never work for me in pocket and sometimes they don't work when I ride thru with one hand holding the thing up over my head.
Might wanna swap it for the license tag mount version if you have the regular windshield mount unit. Mine always works fine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I put mine in a pocket or my tank bag. Works most of the time (PA's toll receivers suck). As long as your bike's plate is registered with EZ Pass they shouldn't give you crap about it. I have heard they only photograph the front plate anyway so theoretically any bike can go through for free...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I put mine in a pocket or my tank bag. Works most of the time (PA's toll receivers suck). As long as your bike's plate is registered with EZ Pass they shouldn't give you crap about it. I have heard they only photograph the front plate anyway so theoretically any bike can go through for free...
The cameras here in Florida are a bit trickier:D.... see attached...

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
EZ pass here in NY is problematic. Many times I end up having to wait to a Toll-Cop comes over and activates the gate while the drivers behind me are getting angry. The receivers are crap here...sometimes they work...sometimes they don't. I tried the tank bag, handlebar mount...you name it. Oh well...it beats standing in the Cash Only line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts