Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
and some claim Laguna is unsafe....

·
Registered
709 Posts
holy sh*t.

nothing like raised, squared off curbing, bridge abutments, and light poles to add a little spice to your race.
[oh, and houses and churches too..]

great vid!

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
That is a pretty cool video, and a crazy race. Seems like most internet videos are of crashes, so I kept waiting for it to happen. When I saw the curbing I thought this is gonna be ugly.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
This is the 'Northwest 200' - excellent road racing (like the Isle of Man TT) held in Northern Ireland but less famous than the IOM TT, this is the kind of racing that breeds top riders like Joey Dunlop - and for those of you who watch the IOM TT you now know why there's always plenty of talented N. Irish riders there....

http://www.northwest200.fm/

:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
DukeDesmo said:
This is the 'Northwest 200' - excellent road racing (like the Isle of Man TT) held in Northern Ireland but less famous than the IOM TT, this is the kind of racing that breeds top riders like Joey Dunlop - and for those of you who watch the IOM TT you now know why there's always plenty of talented N. Irish riders there....

http://www.northwest200.fm/

:)

It's crazy that Joey Dunlop died on the IOM course, the same course he won on for something like 20 years... Just goes to show that experience won't always save your ass. Some greats like Carl Fogarty used to race the IOM. I know Rutter and Plater from the NW vid are big dogs in the BSBK, I wonder when we'll see them in WSBK. Either way, IOM or NW, you have to have some huge cajones to fly through the streets like that.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Actually Joey Dunlop died in estonia whilst racing a 125, he had already won the 600 race but was doing what he loved to do - race bikes but he still holds the record for the most laps of the TT at 110mph+, no doubt if he was still alive he'd still be racing and winning there, even though he would be over 50.

The IOM used to be part of the world GP series until the '70s when riders complained about the danger, nowadays only the 'real men' race there - although it would be interesting to see what modern GP stars like Rossi could do there.

IIRC the current record stands at just over 127mph (av speed) over 37 mile lap, by John mcGuinness, considering that the course runs through villages and country roads normally used by tractors that is one helluva speed - peak speeds must be around the 200mph mark, during the TT period the course is made one-way and opened to the public on one day (mad sunday) when anyone can try it for themselves - BTW there are no speed limits outside of built-up areas on the IOM.

But 127mph - huge Cajones required indeed. ;)

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
709 Posts
I cannot seem to download and save this onto my computer...

Can anybody help me out? I would like to keep it on my computer as a windows media file.

I can only seem to save it as an html shortcut.

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
Looks like the weekly group at Berryessa. Those riders aren't playing with a full deck. I don't think you'll find any AMA, WSBK or MotoGP riders in there. Maybe AFM though...

·
Banned
273 Posts
It all may be NUTS to you guys, but being a Brit its something that you are brought up with & no big shakes & the same with BSB ,anyone who has competed in the IOM & says they know the full Mountain Circuit in 2 attempts is a Bloody Liar, i did it for 6 yrs & never learnt the 37 mile course - certain sections yes of which there are 25 in total & learnt about 1/2 but when compared to the original 37 miles of today its like a damb motorway in comparison & if todays winners with their bikes & tried the same tricks back then - There
would be a MASS FUNERAL in the IOMan & when it was Banned from the GP Calendar through Agostinis Boycott by the FIM it was all for the Right Reasons & has still been claiming lives every year since !!!!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.