Can you tell me what company your extended warranty is with? I have a 2006 999R and I'm interested in an extended warranty for it. Any information you can provide is appreciated. Thanks.Turbo said:This just isn't always true! It's wrong to generalize like this.
I bought a 5 year extended warranty/service contract from an aftermarket provider for my 2002 ST4s, for about $750. A lot of people said the contract had so many exclusions that it wasn't worth it. They were all wrong!
Within the first year, the contract covered over $1,000 of replacement parts and labor! It paid for...
- a replacement valve cover (due to a broken tab)
- a new fuel level assembly (the old one was WAY off!)
- a new LCD display (the old one started flickering badly)
- a DP ECU to replace the stock ECU (the stock was causing starting problems)
- a new starter solenoid (fused during one of the bad starting problems)
My extended warranty has paid for itself and then some and I have another 3 years of coverage left on it. If I looked too closely at the exclusion, I wouldn't have bought it and I'd be considerrably poorer than I am now!