Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the extended warranty available for the 2012 models and if so how much do they cost?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought an extended warranty last month on my 2011 Multi 1200S To. In UK, it cost £300 for an extra 12 months (that is, extending the warranty from the original 2 years to 3 years). It will have been a complete waste of money - provided nothing serious goes wrong with the bike! I have done 8,000 miles in the first 12 months, including two European trips and a couple of trackdays. If I do the same for the next two years, I think the £300 is worth it for the peace of mind.

Obviously I don't know how much the extended warranties cost in USA, but I am guessing about $450. The dealer has to get hold of the necessary forms first, and I recommend checking by phone that they have the forms before travelling there to sign up. Incidentally, you must buy the extension within 18 months of the bike being new, or else it will be too late.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought an extended warranty last month on my 2011 Multi 1200S To. In UK, it cost £300 for an extra 12 months (that is, extending the warranty from the original 2 years to 3 years). It will have been a complete waste of money - provided nothing serious goes wrong with the bike! I have done 8,000 miles in the first 12 months, including two European trips and a couple of trackdays. If I do the same for the next two years, I think the £300 is worth it for the peace of mind.

Obviously I don't know how much the extended warranties cost in USA, but I am guessing about $450. The dealer has to get hold of the necessary forms first, and I recommend checking by phone that they have the forms before travelling there to sign up. Incidentally, you must buy the extension within 18 months of the bike being new, or else it will be too late.
Pete thanks for the reply. I stopped at the dealer today and apparently EverRed is not offering the extended warranty as of the end of March this year. I think they were charging around $800us. Someone else may step up to the plate. I assume that no one (at least not many)has used the warranty yet as the mfg warranty is just coming to an end now. Hopefully they provide the coverage they say they do. I'm just getting ready to make my purchase and was very interested in the warranty.

Bill

·
Registered
210 Posts
I recently purchased a 3 year extended warranty for my 2011 1200S. My dealership had one available through a different company (Not EverRed). It covers pretty much everything on the bike except for the internal working of the rear shock. It does cover all the electronics, including the stuff associated with the rear shock and that was the main reason for doing the extended warranty. It was around $820.00 out the door for the 3 years. There was a recent thread on this, you might want to check that out too.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I recently purchased a 3 year extended warranty for my 2011 1200S. My dealership had one available through a different company (Not EverRed). It covers pretty much everything on the bike except for the internal working of the rear shock. It does cover all the electronics, including the stuff associated with the rear shock and that was the main reason for doing the extended warranty. It was around $820.00 out the door for the 3 years. There was a recent thread on this, you might want to check that out too.
You mind sharing which company?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought my Multi with the EverRed plan a couple days before the March 31st expiration. I believe it covers everything. It was $800/900 US, I'll have to look it up later.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I got the EverRed for 5 years and it covers everything. Little over a grand. Worth it to me just for the coverage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got a 48 month (on top of manufacturer 24) warranty from RPMOne for $670 through my dealer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was told by a very reputable dealer here in Florida that the ever red warranty is void if you put or alter anything on the bike that didn't come that way . Even changing the grips would void it , will not cover a factory Termis exhaust either . That is why I didn't buy one from them , same dealer told me that something should come up to replace it . Just hoping something comes up before the factory one expires .

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I was told by a very reputable dealer here in Florida that the ever red warranty is void if you put or alter anything on the bike that didn't come that way . Even changing the grips would void it , will not cover a factory Termis exhaust either . That is why I didn't buy one from them , same dealer told me that something should come up to replace it . Just hoping something comes up before the factory one expires .
Don't think thats right but I've been wrong before. If you do get a Termi I would think the dealer would work on it for free honoring their work and a virtual Ducati product. Not too sure on the heated grips though it would seem they would honor the work there as well but not the actual product if it was faulty and not Ducati. I have, absolutely, no plans on changing anything from stock anyways accept the Puig windshield I got. Bike has WAY more power than I'll use regularly to warrant a 3k exhaust. Just not worth it for me. I already love the way the bike sounds without an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For what it's worth, I asked my dealer whether modifications would void the warranty (although i guess i wasn't specific about the manufacturer warranty vs. the RPMOne extended warranty I got), and they said that as long as the modification didn't cause the issue, it wouldn't be a problem (i.e. adding an exhaust wouldn't void entire warranty). They said that they've never had a problem in the past. Hopefully i wont have to test that theory...

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Wonder why that old song and dance keeps rattling around the internet. It's hogwash. Either your dealer is an idiot, or he thinks you're one. Both of my previous Ducs had warranty work done under extended EverRed warranties, and both had mods and aftermarket goodies on them which were unrelated to the bikes' failures. The mods were not mentioned, and were not a concern. Any dealer who tried to deny a legitimate warranty repair because someone changed their handgrips should be run out of town on a rail!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Wonder why that old song and dance keeps rattling around the internet. It's hogwash. Either your dealer is an idiot, or he thinks you're one. Both of my previous Ducs had warranty work done under extended EverRed warranties, and both had mods and aftermarket goodies on them which were unrelated to the bikes' failures. The mods were not mentioned, and were not a concern. Any dealer who tried to deny a legitimate warranty repair because someone changed their handgrips should be run out of town on a rail!
+1^^^

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have you ever heard of Milillimoto's ? Sebastian ? If you even change a windshield it could void your ever red warranty ! And when it comes to someone I can trust and that is knowledgeable about Ducati's and products he would be the one ! He is known through out the US , he had a customer with a Termi system on it that had a warranty claim . So they sent out a rep from ever red . Even tho the failure had nothing to do with the termis on the bike they turned down his claim and void his warranty .

So I would recommend you read the small print on your contracts , I'm sure if you had a claim and they didn't send out a rep to have a look(and your dealer didn't mention any mods, Sebastian didn't ) you would be fine . But from what I'm hearing they are sending out reps quite often . This is why I did not buy one , maybe I'm just the idiot like you posted !

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Have you ever heard of Milillimoto's ? Sebastian ? If you even change a windshield it could void your ever red warranty ! And when it comes to someone I can trust and that is knowledgeable about Ducati's and products he would be the one ! He is known through out the US , he had a customer with a Termi system on it that had a warranty claim . So they sent out a rep from ever red . Even tho the failure had nothing to do with the termis on the bike they turned down his claim and void his warranty .

So I would recommend you read the small print on your contracts , I'm sure if you had a claim and they didn't send out a rep to have a look(and your dealer didn't mention any mods, Sebastian didn't ) you would be fine . But from what I'm hearing they are sending out reps quite often . This is why I did not buy one , maybe I'm just the idiot like you posted !
Never said you were an idiot my friend, and I don't know your dealer. I do know that I probably would never take a bike in to him for a warranty claim if he had said those things to me.

I've read the fine print on all three of my EverRed policies, and they all say they will cover defects unless the failed component has been modified. They don't mention a thing about altered windscreens or handgrips.

YMMV.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Never said you were an idiot my friend, and I don't know your dealer. I do know that I probably would never take a bike in to him for a warranty claim if he had said those things to me.

I've read the fine print on all three of my EverRed policies, and they all say they will cover defects unless the failed component has been modified. They don't mention a thing about altered windscreens or handgrips.

YMMV.
Than I stand corrected , I hope that is the case .

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mollycbr123 is right on the money. Some dealerships (even the reputable ones) still have people that will tell you this. It's not true, and if they tried to pull this, you could just take them to small claims court and you'd win.

I had a similar situation a few years back with my dad. He went to the Honda dealer to purchase a Helix for his camper. When he told the dealership to give him their best price and that he was going to shop around, they told him that they wouldn't honor the warranty if he purchased from another dealer. What they didn't know was, the Honda factory rep lives across the street from me. I went over and told him about my dads experience. He was appalled and went straight to the dealer and explained that this kind of crap could cause them to lose their Honda franchise.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts