Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer offered me an extended warranty but I opted not to purchase at that time, I did get the wheel and tire coverage because I've had a few rear tire flats while traveling and it has paid off.

I did not even ask the dealer what the cost for the extended warranty was at the time. Now, I'm reconsidering whether I should get one. The Ducati Ever Red link on the factory site gives little to no info.

Can anyone share their experience with it and what you paid for it?

Are there any other warranties on the market to consider besides the Ducati offering?

I did a search on here and anything I found was a few years old.....

·
Registered
76 Posts
2016 MTS Extended Warranty

I got the Aegis Powersports "Aegis Armor" that extended the 2 year warranty an additional 5 for a total of 7 years from new - for $950

I purchased it from the dealer where I bought the bike about 18 months after the original purchase.

I picked Aegis because I trust the dealer who recommended it and it was the only warranty I found that covered the Electronic Suspension (Skyhook)

·
Registered
226 Posts
^^^^^
That's about what I paid for the same duration. I went for it because of the reputation for flaky electronics.
Having been back in already for the key fob (recall) and fuel level sender ("they all do that"), it balances my aggravation and apprehension somewhat.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. I paid a little over $400 for the tire and wheel through Ever Red.

I go back to the dealer soon to have some accessories installed, if they ever show up :rolleyes: and I'll ask them about it.

I generally don't buy extended warranties but after reading some horror stories on the internet, cuz we all know all of them are true cuz they're on the internet, I'm starting to reconsider for this bike. :grin2:

·
Registered
709 Posts
The last Western Services contract I purchased was for an addition 4 years and it was $650. If you buy it before the original Duc warranty runs out then it will cover exactly everything that the Duc warranty covers. And I just sold my '14 which had another 18 months or so till the extended warranty ran out and I got a refund for the unused portion for a bit over $110.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
The last Western Services contract I purchased was for an addition 4 years and it was $650. If you buy it before the original Duc warranty runs out then it will cover exactly everything that the Duc warranty covers. And I just sold my '14 which had another 18 months or so till the extended warranty ran out and I got a refund for the unused portion for a bit over $110.
Good info! I plan to sell before my warranty runs out.

I transferred WS contract for $60 from PO and noticed it was $1900. From 2015-2022, so I guess seven years extended. Already used it for fuel sender, the failed heated grip is next on the claim list.

One thing I appreciate about the warranty is they will combine out of pocket and warranty work. When they ripped the fuel system apart they fixed the airbox and cleaned/re-oiled the AF at no cost. Very much worth it for newer machines with known issues.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer is offering a 5yr, no deductible, unlimited mileage plan from Ducati Ever Red for about $980 including sales tax.

Any experience with this particular plan?

·
Registered
512 Posts
There's an extensive extended warranty thread here. Search for it, you'll get some opinions on EverRed. From faint memory, some said it did not cover as much as others, there are issues at non Ducati dealers if traveling. I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts