Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been itching to take my 749 mono on a extended road trip but have not really come up with a good way to carry bags on it. I have seen some really great set ups for the bi posto and was wondering if anyone has a set up other than a backpack :-=).

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks really nice. Does it pull the bike around in windy conditions or highway speed? Thanks for the pic!

·
Chilehead
6,985 Posts
I have done a few highway trips in northern Italy at a little over 100MPH no problems, but I didn't want to go much faster for legal reasons.

In the mountains, it's no worse than having a passenger or tail bag, if anything a bit better as the bag is well supported and can't move around.

I normally use the smaller bag, which is enough for carrying extras like rain or cold weather gear, or a change of clothes for an overnight trip.

This system has the advantage that it attaches to the frame, and not the subframe (at the same points), so that no stress is put on the subframe, very important as the aluminum ones have been known to crack. Takes about 10 minutes to remove or install, then normally I leave it on all the time. Changing from tall rack to short rack takes about one minute. I'll get some more pictures tomorrow.

Anyway, it was the only system I could find for a monoposto. I even considered buying a biposto tail just for trips until I found this.

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts