Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need new front brakes and rotors with 15mm offset, so I am looking around for what to get. Brembo is crazy expensive, and I found the EBC Pro Lite X and EBC Contour X for a good price here in Denmark, they are the serrated versions. But I am having a really hard time figuring out if they are good or bad quality, searching the net does not give much but some like them and some say the serrated versions just do not work at all and some say they warp easily.

Anybody using them here? Any first hand experience? If not EBC, then what will you recommend for my 748 with 478 R forks and 15mm offset?

Thank you
Søren

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I've used EBC in the past on several bikes. Not on any Ducatis but I'd not hesitate to use them again. EBC Pro-Lites were what I used last and they were perfect on my GSXR. No warpage at all, and I would estimate I'm pretty rough on brakes.

I'd use EBC pads with them though, and not the sintered pads. I used "green stuff" pads as they are less agressive on the rotor surface. Sintered pads would work, but also would wreck the rotor in short order.

As you are in Europe, maybe you can get Discacciati discs for less than we can in the US. Other than those, Speigler and Braking/Galfer come to mind.....sean

·
comrade moderator
27,148 Posts
I disagree on the pad/rotor wear info. I've used EBC HH sintered pads for many years on lots of rotors including EBC Prolites on the street and on the racetrack and never seen any abnormal rotor wear.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Chucks right. On stainless steel rotors the sintered pads are the right choice and there will be no abnormal wear.

The only time wear with the sintered pads would be an issue is with iron rotors which is not recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about contoured vs full circle? My local mechanic told me that the EBC contoured are no good at all, but I suspect that his knowledge is from way back. Any problems there?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I've not experienced any difference, having used both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts