Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a small off that broke a number of things on my 2008 1098, mostly plastic, but the biggest non-plastic part that got broken is the gold-colored magnesium headlight fairing bracket. I've done some checking around and it looks like I have a couple of options with the bracket; repairing (welding) it or replacing it with either a new OEM bracket or an aftermarket bracket. A new OEM bracket is a little under $250 USD. There are aftermarket brackets out there that are surprisingly inexpensive; as low as $65 USD on ebay, for example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Upper...or-Ducati-07-09-1098-S-08-11-848/232429918887

On one hand the low price of the aftermarket bracket is tempting, especially compared to a new OEM bracket, but on the other hand I keep hearing this voice in the back of my head whispering, "You get what you pay for." I could buy the cheap aftermarket bracket and return it if I don't like it, but return shipping would probably cost at least $30, half the purchase price. Has anyone out there had any experience with one of the aftermarket brackets, especially fitment?

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Check the classifieds I think someone just listed the headlight bracket you need last week . It will be listed as a magnesium part (goldish/brown color).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts