Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in searching for an exhaust for my 900ss project..I ran across this dude/these dudes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Termignoni...unning-F-Carb-High-Ducati-900-Ss/283440996711

they have a bunch of brand new great looking slip ons, with mounting and what not, but they are "imitation" so i don't know what that means. The prices aren't actually that bad considering what these parts go for USED in the USA.

There is a guy selling a full termi system for 1300. One could get it "new" for a few hundred more from the sportsclassic.it guy.

Anyways, wondering if anyone knows what's up with these parts and if they are worth the money

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,456 Posts
I would guess they're "imitation" because it probably says Made in China somewhere on them. Imitation = counterfeit. That's what I think.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was thinking.tjey are repros with termi stickers which are fake. The product photos look fine Including the mounting brackets.

I was wondering perhaps re manufacture with China stickers?

I'm not an automatic China is crap kinda guy...exhausted are f'n simple objects. I wouldn't pay termi prices for full China. But I also don't think the raw materials sourced to make actual termis are from Italian old lady farmers...probably from China!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I tell you a secret, the Germans are some of the most prolific counterfeiters out there, their goods are first flooded into the Euro Zone and from there into the rest of the world, nobody minds that because mostly their knock-offs are actually better than the real thing.

A search on eBay for any Termi product for any of the air cooled Ducs will land you with thousands of hits of brand new never used still in the box items, mostly from German sellers, you just gotto ask yourself where is it that they get all these brand new parts from for 10, 20 and 30 year old bikes?

The Italian in your add is probably just one of the more honest sellers, but keep searching, you can do better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts