Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone wrapped their exhaust on a Hyper? I have the Termignoni 2-1 system and it just doesn't look that good after multiple heat cycles. The shop that did the instal may not have wiped off finger prints and they baked in. Ceramic coating may be an option too. I thought the black wrap might look pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with wraps?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Ive used wrap on custom harleys ive built its pretty easy to install jus wouldnt do it on a hyper its to classy of a bike get your whole system ceramic coated bout $175 and looks tits and keeps it cooler as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
+1 on coating. That wrap throws off ALOT of heat, ALOT of heat!!! Guess thats its job but it'll cook your ass.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I hear the exhaust wrap actually keeps things cooler externally and helps with performance, though I don't have a source to back this up... Any other peeps here with experience with the wrap?

·
Registered
47 Posts
i've used it on both cars and bikes that i've owned. the wrap will keep underhood temps DOWN and does not throw off heat... it's purpose (although many use it just to keep the underhood temps managable) is to keep the exhaust gasses as hot as possible as they exit the head. hotter exhaust moves at a slightly higher velocity than cooler gas, thus a wrapped exhaust will literally "pull" the exhaust gasses from the head. i've used it on old 2-stroke scooter engines to soak some heat away from the exhaust port (old lambretta scooters tuned to around 30hp vs. the stock 11hp and you get the idea) and i've had great results... i use it on my 06' GTi with it's poor stock turbo being pushed to 22psi, the wrapped turbo outlet and downpipe keeps the turbo a little cooler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts