Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody managed to remove exhaust valve motor from 1260 (maybe DVT?) without disassembling half of the bike?
Looking at 1200 DVT Service manual (still looking for 1260 one, BTW!) it seems that the motor is attached to a plastic cover. The cover is screwed to a back of a side frame. The manual shows 3 screws, but on 1260 I can see only 2 (maybe I'm missing one?). My concern is that even if I somehow manage to remove these 2 screws the motor (with the cover) won't squeeze between the side frame and the header pipe.
If anyone did it before, please, let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I just disconnected it under the seat and put a fooler on it. Wasn't taking the bike to bits for that

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just did this to my 1200. Not sure if its 100% Same as the 1260..

its not difficult, just takes about an hour (going Slow)..

Remove Side Panel.
Unbolt and remove Rectifier.
Loosen 2 Front Bolts of Battery tray
Unhook Servo Cable
Remove Screws holding Servo Motor in place.
Lift the battery tray up slightly and wiggle the motor free.

I plugged in a Duc.EE to make the Light go away.

Cheers

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did this to my 1200. Not sure if its 100% Same as the 1260..

its not difficult, just takes about an hour (going Slow)..

Remove Side Panel.
Unbolt and remove Rectifier.
Loosen 2 Front Bolts of Battery tray
Unhook Servo Cable
Remove Screws holding Servo Motor in place.
Lift the battery tray up slightly and wiggle the motor free.

I plugged in a Duc.EE to make the Light go away.

Cheers
Are you talking about DVT? Because pre-DVT bikes seems to be very different and I doubt that your method will work there.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
That's what I thought. Did a lot of research and it seems that the only way to get rid of this stupid motor is literally split a bike in half! What Ducati idiot came up with this design?!?
Yea that's what I found too... not worth it unless you've got the bike apart for something else, and that's a LOT of apart - I'd be surprised it many DVT's have been that disassembled.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yea that's what I found too... not worth it unless you've got the bike apart for something else, and that's a LOT of apart - I'd be surprised it many DVT's have been that disassembled.
I can only imagine how much it will cost you if the motor fails after warranty expires... 10 hours of labor @ $100/hour just in labor???
Anyway, I replaced the full exhaust with Akra. What I can say... The Akrapovic is a piece of art! And what a junk is this catalytic converter! It's huge and weights a ton!
As I don't have enough posts to be able to post in classified section (even though I'm a member of the forum since 2012), let me know if you'd be interested in DUCATI MULTISTRADA 1260 TERMIGNONI CARBON SLIP ON EXHAUST: https://amsducati.com/ducati-multistrada-1260-termignoni-carbon-slip-on-exhaust. I believe it will fit all DVT models as well. It's in perfect condition and comes with everything (heat shield, etc.). I'll let it go for half of the retail price. PM me for pictures.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's what I thought. Did a lot of research and it seems that the only way to get rid of this stupid motor is literally split a bike in half! What Ducati idiot came up with this design?!?
The same design team who decided to green-light the short-lived fuel level sensor, and the useless wireless key fob? :rolleyes::D:p

PS: my exhaust valve motor failed (motor #2 BTW) a couple of years ago. Since the flapper valve spring defaults it to an open position, I just left it alone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts