Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
does anybody have experience with exhaust valve self-checking procedure not OK ?

Symptoms: after ignition ON, the EXV is powered to limit positions. The first is closed position, then back to open position. At this moment the actuator does not stop and still running, looks like he cannot find EXV open position. It stops when I shake the actuator by hand (seating flexible in rubber sleeves).

What shall I do (check, repair) in order to pass self-check successfully?

My bike has EXV cable removed and installed LeoVince limiter tool instead of cable pulley on the actuator shaft.

Thanks for any reply.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The actuator needs to reach an end of travel limit, which is generally provided by the cable pulling on the valve and the valve reaching it's hard stop. My guess is that your LeoVince limiter tool has either failed or come detached from the actuator and now the actuator is spinning like a motor.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
There is 2 limit switches inside the exhaust valve motor, I guess one of yours failed or the actuator can't reach the switch. Open the motor housing it's really easy. Could probably be fixed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, it could be. I can still see LV limiter tool hopefully in right place, but needs to be checked. First I have to remove it from the bike. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes I will check the behaviour of the actuator after switch ON. I will check the position and fixation of LV limiter tool, then I will disassmble the actuator itself.
Considering I have to tilt up seat frame for actuator removal, it seems like job for Saturday morning...Thanks for feedback and I will share my findings later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello
I have found EXV servomotor failure. One of the plastic gear is worn, see attached picture. It should transfer the torque from motor to position sensor/switch and this transmission is bad.

Now I am thinking to remove this device out of my bike and to replace it by some electronic eliminator.

Any tips where to buy well working and reliable eliminator in Europe?
Thanks for advice.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
Just get the servo eliminator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts