Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community 馃憢

I鈥檓 looking for an "Exhaust Valve Cover" horizontal. I need the one with the "Wings" for the front fairing (radiator) to attach to. However, I couldn鈥檛 find this part for sale.

The current one I have has one wing broken, should I solder it instead? It would be ok?

Part number: 24010151AA

Thank you very much!

Water Fluid Rectangle Household hardware Jewellery

Registered
Have it TIG welded

Reactions: Serious Black

Registered
2002 ST4S & 2017 R1200GS Rallye
TIG welding cast parts, especially those that have lived a life exposed to oil, is a fools errand. If a temporary repair is needed, J.B. Weld may suffice. Otherwise buy once cry once.

Registered
'93' 900SS, '96' & '97' 748, '03' 999
TIG welding cast parts, especially those that have lived a life exposed to oil, is a fools errand. If a temporary repair is needed, J.B. Weld may suffice. Otherwise buy once cry once.
A good welder with proper preparation will be able to do it. Forget JB weld, it's not strong enough and neither is the 'solder'.

Registered
Jim at Precision Chassis in Pa who I have known for 40 yrs can weld beer cans together. I have had a number of cast alum parts welded by him. While I agree w you in respect to a brake or clutch lever or similar, I'd pay the $20-30 for this application and take my chances.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts