Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I bought my 2007 Sport Classic Biposta it had a Termignoni Exhaust system silver single side full system installed on it. I've been trying to get the 2:2 system going on it and was wondering if it was a fair trade to ask for the Termignoni 2:2 system for the 2:1 silver I currently have. I'm just new to this bike and being educated on these everyday.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
what you have a superior system to the 2:2 slip on

what you have: 2:1 complete termignoni system (best sounding exhaust made for these bikes)

what you want: 2:2 slip on, you will need the original header which is now discontinued. you can try finding it used (good luck) or have one made

my 2 cents; I will trade you no problem but I would feel like I am stealing from you

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
The cost of a 2-1 is at about $1200 to $2000 depending on where you look.
It used to be the most expensive option from Ducati
Sounds the best to me

A 2-2 is much more because of the OEM header that is needed.
There is a guy on eBay selling a full 2-2 that he has disassembled and painted and says will reassemble for around $1800

The 2-1 does not allow a passenger peg option but the way yours is set up with the stock bracket, you can run a passeneger

The 2-2 does offer a passenger peg if you use the Stock mounting bracket, which you seem to have
or the Mack Hanger that I make that allows the use of aftermarket or the 2006 rear-sets.

In any case, the value of the 2-2 is higher now whereas, ironically, the 2-1 is the lower cost due to supply and demand.

Happy hunting

So when I bought my 2007 Sport Classic Biposta it had a Termignoni Exhaust system silver single side full system installed on it. I've been trying to get the 2:2 system going on it and was wondering if it was a fair trade to ask for the Termignoni 2:2 system for the 2:1 silver I currently have. I'm just new to this bike and being educated on these everyday.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I disagree with above. the 2:2 are readily available and have been re-released only recently selling for $1200 USD new.

I was able to score 3 of the 2:2 slip-on systems used (in close to perfect condition) ranging between 500-700 USD. you will NOT get the 2:1 full system for for that price

as for the original header, you can get them cheap too. just check online, they come up

my advice, keep your 2:1 system

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Your reality seems very different from mine. Then again it always seems to be that way between us Mike. That's OK, Keeps it interesting for me.

The 2-2 on ebay now are for the GT and not he Sport. Got a call the other day about this from a Sport that found out the hard way as well as the reverse. A email from Gt customer that got a Sport version being sold as a GT. There is some weird gray market stuff out there

Most are sold as the Bip because it does say BiP on them but are not and are gray market. The card Says BiP GT sport. That can be confusing
hard to know until you put them side by side. That is why I put this page up a while ago so people could make sense of it all
Termi Comparison GT1K vs S1K

The 2-1 are on eBay now for the price I mentioned. Hard to believe it is so low./
Another guy is selling a sport one new for sale but has the Generis Marketing picture of the GT version in black. Will not send pictures of the actual item.

Headers rarely come up. If they do they are damaged. After 12 years of this stuff I have only seen a handful of headers. The commercial sellers are no fools and know the value of the headers and the prices are not cheap. If you get that rare private seller selling headers they are a little cheaper but like you know the value of things that will keep the price up there.
There are very few bargains anymore for used Sport classic specific parts.

The S1K full disassembled one on ebay that has been ceramic coated had surface damage originally Seemed like abrasions and no serious damage. This has been around for about 8 months. No telling the true condition until you have it in hand and mounted to verify and check the fit.

So as I said your reality seems different from mine. I'm basing mine on actual parts being sold now.

I disagree with above. the 2:2 are readily available and have been re-released only recently selling for $1200 USD new.

I was able to score 3 of the 2:2 slip-on systems used (in close to perfect condition) ranging between 500-700 USD. you will NOT get the 2:1 full system for that price

as for the original header, you can get them cheap too. just check online, they come up

my advice, keep your 2:1 system

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
@ JC --> I didn't think we usually disagree but if you think so, fine. I will not continue this "debate". I am simply providing feedback based on my experience and my opinion. there are many sources for used parts and I personally had about 99% success with used parts

@ Hooded --> in the end it will be your decision what you prefer/decide. if you prefer the look of the 2:2 exhaust, it is simple. but, there is no question you currently have the superior exhaust system on your bike which sounds better than any other system made for the SC

one thing to note is that this forum is not ONLY for sponsors to advertise and sell or recommend buying parts but also for people who have enough experience to provide others with constructive feedback and cost effective and honest solutions

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'm curious to see how your 2-1 setup fits on the biposto without looking slightly odd, since it doesn't have the curve on the right side of the swing arm to clear the end of the header.

Any chance you could post a picture of the right side of the bike?

Personally, I'm really split between really digging the 2-2 symmetry and having a full system. I've ranted many times about the lack of a 2-2 termi full system for this bike ion this site...

But I agree with Mike, maybe best to keep the 2-1 since it's a better system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Here is a picture.
There is something different about this exhaust compared to say one on the Paul Smart. It looks to have the angle of the Termi exhaust on the GT's. Unless there are different models of the Termi single exhaust system. It still looks good, don't get me wrong but check out the angle of the system on a Paul Smart.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
You're seeing the difference between a MONOPOSTO and a BIPOSTO.
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know they had different systems out for the single-sided Termi's. You (or at least I) hardly ever see them on the Biposto bikes, just the 06 PS and 1000. I did a quick search looking for pictures and only found 2 and they were both on GT's.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know they had different systems out for the single-sided Termi's. You (or at least I) hardly ever see them on the Biposto bikes, just the 06 PS and 1000. I did a quick search looking for pictures and only found 2 and they were both on GT's.
I was also of the belief that the 2into1 system was only made for monposto (PS being one) and that people had adapted that system to their bipostos

·
Registered
922 Posts
Does someone know the part # for each system. I do plan on purchasing the 2 into 1 exhaust for my Paul Smart one day soon and if I decide to buy it off eBay, I would want to make sure I am getting the correct one.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Does someone know the part # for each system. I do plan on purchasing the 2 into 1 exhaust for my Paul Smart one day soon and if I decide to buy it off eBay, I would want to make sure I am getting the correct one.
This is from the 2006 Sport Classic brochure.
96447806B

I have also seen them under this part #
96307106B This is for the exhaust only.

These are the part numbers for the Paul Smart
and 06 Sport 1000.

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
This is from the 2006 Sport Classic brochure.
96447806B

I have also seen them under this part #
96307106B This is for the exhaust only.

These are the part numbers for the Paul Smart
and 06 Sport 1000.
96447806B is the race version for PS
96307106B is the homologated version for PS

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thanks to the both of you. Hopefully, these numbers will come in handy someday in the near future. I would love to get the race version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So is there anyone on the forums interested in a sport classic exhaust trade? Please PM me if interested.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts