Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new Hyper 1100 SP, and it's time to start the modding!

After looking at thousands of pics, the exhaust that I think I like best is the one that exits down under the bike, just in front of the rear tire, kind of like the Panigale or the KTM RC8 exhaust.

Can anyone direct me to who makes that exhaust or where I might find one?

I'm also interested in a lower front chin, and a rear tail, I'm interested in making my hyper look kind of Streetfighter-ish.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you looked at the Quat D EX-box exhaust. That is what I am planning on for my hyper. It only exits on the right side though. I wish I could graft my extra Buell exhaust on the bike though....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a great shop near me. I went there today, and I think I'm going to get a Leo Vince exhaust and power Commander installed with a dyno break-in and tune.

This will get me the sound I'm looking for, it looks good IMO, and the shop is going to finish the break-in, dyno tune, and change the oil to synthetic after the break-in, so the bike will be ready to go.

Then it's on to the other mods, Rizoma mirrors, tail tidy, frame sliders and axle sliders, and down the road I'm considering changing the looks a little by installing a superbike front fender, de-beaking the front fender, and lowering the headlight or going with a lower mounted Streetfighter headlight.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I went to my local shop, and ordered some Leo Vince slip-ons and a Power Commander. Hopefully they'll be in tomorrow, then I'm having the break-in and tune done on the dyno.

well the ex-box is an option, or you could go with boomtubes, but be warned, those are crazy loud

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't get an intake kit.

Honestly, the bike has more than enough power for me. Mainly I wanted the pipes for the weight reduction, and sound. Intake kit I may do later when I possibly get the larger fuel tank.

I dropped the bike off today, and hopefully it'll be ready by tomorrow afternoon. Leo Vince pipes, dyno break-in and tune, oil changes, and power Commander.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After doing some searching, I found the airbox mod, so I'm doing that for now.

Bike should be ready by the end of today, dyno break-in, airbox mod, Leo vince pipes, Power Commander, and dyno tune. This is basically "phase one" of mods.
"Phase two" will be 520 chain and sprockets (down one tooth in front), mirrors, frame and axle sliders, tail tidy (probably when I install a different tail), DP low seat or Sargent low seat, and clutch cover, as finances allow.

I'm Excited! So far I've only ridden the bike 3 times for 110 miles. I'm looking forward to putting some miles on the bike and getting familiar with it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got my bike back with the Leo Vince pipes.

Sound is much improved, almost too loud. I'm sure some of that noise is the airbox too, but it's loud for sure.

I like how the Leo Vince pipes actuall "y" off into separate muffler cans. The stock ones, and I think the Termi double cans, one of the cans is a dummy, at least in part as they join together mid-cans.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts