Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Ducati streetfigther 848 and I hesitate between the termignogni slip on carbon with the air filter and the ecu. Or the Austin racing Gpr1 carbon with db killer and performance air filter. I want the best performance out of my bike and I know that if i’m buying the Austin racing exhaust I would maybe need to flash my ecu. Can I flash my ecu myself? And what is the most good looking and sounding exhaust between those two?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Look is subjective, it's your choice really.

You can flash a map inexpensively with tuneecu or jpdiag but it will not be perfect. If you want to squeeze the most juice you'll need a custom map on a dyno.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
If I had to pick between those two exhausts options I'd go with the Termis. The sound is more polished and boomy. The short Austin racing GP1 exhausts sound like a loud tractor with no exhaust. I do like the longer AR GP2 exhausts. I've considered getting one of those myself. They're more boomy and not as annoyingly loud like the super short end cans. The lousy part about the Termi kit is that it's crap. The air filter is trash because it lets dirt into the air box just like the stock filter. Don't invest in any filter that looks like the OEM. MWR air filters are the only way to go. They seal the air box from dirt. Get the two piece or the one piece air filter. The DP ECU that comes with the kit isn't very good. The map is known to not be that great.

I'd get the Termis by themselves. Get an MWR air filter. Then send your ECU off for a re flash or get the gear to re flash it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank Ricko and Secret Squirrel for your repply. I find a good performance shop that can do dyno flash. I will buy the MWR air filter and maybe the Austin racing GP2.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thank Ricko and Secret Squirrel for your repply. I find a good performance shop that can do dyno flash. I will buy the MWR air filter and maybe the Austin racing GP2.
I have a gp2 and had akrapovic before.

Akra (or termi or others twin slip-on) sound better, more deep bass sound.

Gp2 win on look but sound is less interesting with db killers in, and sound like shit with db killers out.

If you want hear what a Austin racing would sound without db killers just remove your cans and ride it like that, sound similar to straight pipes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts