Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
on my mts1200 i have an arrow exhaust fitted on which you fit a metal plate on the stepper motor to replicate the exhaust valve.i noticed the other day that when the ignition is turned on and it cycles,i get a teeth grinding noise from the motor.if this motor does fail and i get the xlv error,what effect does that have on the bike,is it just an error message or could it leave me stranded?
additionally i noticed the fuel pump stays on all the time with the ignition on,wheras previous bikes it shuts off once the fuel system is pressurised,is this normal,again not noticed this before,but it stands out because it is a quite a loud high pitched noise,close to an electrical whine
any advise gratefully received.
bike is a 2011 model,8500 miles

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
The servo motor does not affect how the bike runs...I do not even use the servo motor anymore. Mine also happen to be one of the models that an DUCEE does not work with, so I have the EXVL error frequently with absolutley no affect on the bike....
As for the fuel pump running all the time, I would have it checked, in my experience with the MTS it does not stay running, unless the bike is running.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts