Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in an apartment complex with an open garage- babies and sensitive neighbors right above... and I ride to work early every morning.
I'm looking to take my stock sound a little bit louder- but I think the termi's are a bit too much for my needs.
Are there any options that anyone here is aware of- that would give me about a 30-40% (deep-sounding) increase, other than busting out a drill?
Thanks in advance!

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
I live in an apartment complex with an open garage- babies and sensitive neighbors right above... and I ride to work early every morning.
I'm looking to take my stock sound a little bit louder- but I think the termi's are a bit too much for my needs.
Are there any options that anyone here is aware of- that would give me about a 30-40% (deep-sounding) increase, other than busting out a drill?
Thanks in advance!
Several folks have bought the Termis, and cut the DB Killer down by about half length. Do a search and see what that brings up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks in advance!
Personally, I find the termi's are pretty docile with the baffles in (as far as the Stainless Steel ones go anyway, which is what I have). I think the increase in sound would be right around the amount you are looking for. Plus, if you ever do want to make it louder for a day ride or something, you can pop out the baffles in probably less than 5 minutes once you have grinded off the little spot weld the manufacture puts on the screw to keep people from taking out the baffle. Most dealers seem to grind off the weld for you when you buy them. If not, just ask and they will.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would just push the bike about 50 yards down the block and then start it up. That way you have happy neighbors and you can get an exhaust that does your DUC justice.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I was able to run at Laguna with Termi's w/ baffles which means they're pretty close to stock db levels. Baffles in or out takes about 5 minutes so you can switch easily.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Take a look at the "How about an exhaust mod sticky"

Several soundclips of drilled stock cans, Termis w/ and w/o db killers, Staintunes, Keihans, etc.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Staintunes

IMHO Staintunes are the way to go. They have a deep throaty sound. I have mine coupled with a FatDuc, K&N air filter and Dietrich's air box lid. It's a great combination for broadening and smoothing the power band.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I had similar problems when I first got my GT. The local law enforcement was cracking down in the area due to the large rallies at the HD dealer down the road. Seems they just had to ride 1000 open pipe bikes right by a hospital at least three times a year. I got a friendly warning while solo riding with the baffles out of the Termis. It took a while, but I got some baffles from a member. While it is louder than stock, it does give some sound with the baffles in. I liken them to the Triumph Off Road use only OEM silencers I had on a Bonneville with the baffles in. I still pull the baffles for most riding. It just seems like the weekend warriors get the sound tickets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts