Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya guys,

2019 950 in the garage. I would imagine that the question applies to all model years as Exhaust servos generally function the same. As it stands, I've got a slip on on the bike with the factory cats. I've read some recommendations to install a servo eliminator. I was under the impression that exhaust servo's exist for emissions and sound reasons.

What can I expect if I remove the servo (deactivate it). Will my low speed fueling take a hit? Will the bike idle any differently?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Heya guys,

2019 950 in the garage. I would imagine that the question applies to all model years as Exhaust servos generally function the same. As it stands, I've got a slip on on the bike with the factory cats. I've read some recommendations to install a servo eliminator. I was under the impression that exhaust servo's exist for emissions and sound reasons.

What can I expect if I remove the servo (deactivate it). Will my low speed fueling take a hit? Will the bike idle any differently?
My 939SP ran smoother and elimination helped with curing the OEM jacked up fueling issues. Plus you get that Ducati thump thump sound.

Dave

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 939SP ran smoother and elimination helped with curing the OEM jacked up fueling issues. Plus you get that Ducati thump thump sound.

Dave
Interesting! Did you end up with a CEL Dave? If so, what did you do to eliminate it? So, no stumbling at low speed rpms? No herky jerky off throttle idling?

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I just removed the disc. Just take out the screws holding it in leaving the shaft in the pipe. Computer still thinks its installed and no CEL. Also no cost.
This is for a 2015, I would assume newer bikes would be the same.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Interesting! Did you end up with a CEL Dave? If so, what did you do to eliminate it? So, no stumbling at low speed rpms? No herky jerky off throttle idling?
I did the eliminator module. It cost me something like $40. No servo and no CEL. I still have some stumbling at lower RPMs/lower throttle inputs. I'm waiting on a Rapid Bike EZ to arrive and hopefully that fixes that.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts