Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are termi systems worth the extra money??? i've seen akrapovic ti systems for as much as 1000$ less.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Do the akrapovic. The termi system is not going to give you any more power. Its up to you what look you want.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do the akrapovic. The termi system is not going to give you any more power. Its up to you what look you want.
i see it like this. the termi kit for the 848 is (i'm pretty sure) stainless. the akra is ti and 1k cheaper. so it has to be lighter with CF cans.. so hands down i think the akra win IMO.. but i love the look of the termi cans.....

·
Registered
620 Posts
I tend to agree. Lots of other nice options out there besides Termi. Not that the Termi's aren't sweet. They're just not the only game in town.

Call me a traitor, but a buddy got the new Yoshimura dual-tip stuff on his new R1, and its impressive looking too. As soon as they come out with the same ones for the 1098, I'm sold.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Leo Vince:

·
Registered
44 Posts
OK Now I have to ask - on a couple of my jap bikes if we did a slip on we did not have to do anything to the Map or computer so to speak... SO on Ducs if you would just do a slip on would you Have to do the ECU? or since they already run so lean and the slip on would make it more lean...is it a must?

·
Registered
143 Posts
OK Now I have to ask - on a couple of my jap bikes if we did a slip on we did not have to do anything to the Map or computer so to speak... SO on Ducs if you would just do a slip on would you Have to do the ECU? or since they already run so lean and the slip on would make it more lean...is it a must?
I don't think there is a definitive answer for this. Some say it's not necessary, others say it is. If you do get a power commander, DP ECU, or other such product with a proper tune, you WILL get more power over just the slip on alone.

·
Registered
923 Posts
absolutlely ECU. when i had my GT1000 with slip ons it was unreal how white my plugs always looked and how much popping it did on decel. Termi ECU fixed it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
SO in Short just better to do it the right way and get the termi package with the slips ons, ECU and air filter? Jusdt didnt want to have ducati dealer have to put that ll on becuase i can do all of it but the ECU thing might make me a little nervous. I head something needed to be remapped from the dealer??

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Take old exhaust off
Install new exhaust
Take out old ECU
Install new ECU

Reset the TPS (you can use VDST software to do this) set the trim and off you go. A good mechanic can do this in three hours flat.

When comparing prices, make sure you are comparing apples with apples. A thousand US$ difference in price for the same system from two companies is a big difference and may exclude bits you do not get with the other system that seems to be more expensive.

SF

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When comparing prices, make sure you are comparing apples with apples. A thousand US$ difference in price for the same system from two companies is a big difference and may exclude bits you do not get with the other system that seems to be more expensive.

SF
i see that now. the termi kit is headers, cans, ecu, filter. akra is the header and cans. now it makes sense the price difference.

so let me get this right..... you need to change your ecu? a PC is not enough?

also i dont know much about l or v twins. on an i-4 with a full system you get more power in your top end.. what about the full system these duc engines? is it the same?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
You really can go either way with the slipons. You don't have to do the ECU, but you will not see a real power increase, just slightly. With the full exhaust, you would but because you would have a real tune. So you can save the 1K and not worry about the ECU, or you can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You really can go either way with the slipons. You don't have to do the ECU, but you will not see a real power increase, just slightly. With the full exhaust, you would but because you would have a real tune. So you can save the 1K and not worry about the ECU, or you can.
is slip on's with an ecu and pc worth it? what's the size different between the stock and termi pipes?

and what kind of power increases are we talking about with different set ups?

i'm just learning about ducs right now. i'm selling my gsxr to get a new bike. i want a duc. i'm just worried it's not any faster then my 600. i know it will out handle it.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
is slip on's with an ecu and pc worth it? what's the size different between the stock and termi pipes?

and what kind of power increases are we talking about with different set ups?

i'm just learning about ducs right now. i'm selling my gsxr to get a new bike. i want a duc. i'm just worried it's not any faster then my 600. i know it will out handle it.
The slip-ons will get you like 5 hp, the full like 8 or 10 I think. You will be happy with the slip-ons and you dont have to do the ECU with it. You can do it later, you dont have to spend the money at the same time. With the full set up, you have to do a tune, no ifs and or buts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts