Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing a new 2-2 Termi exhaust system, Now for the problem.

Rt side can will not seat all the way down on the rubber bushing, Also hits the servo motor. Does the servo have to be removed? Directions with the kit are terrible. Also the mount for the upper fender/splash guard, bolts to the old cans but there are no mounts on these cans, how do you reattach?

Read 3 pages of exhaust threads but did not see this issue.

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
112 Posts
I put the 2 into 2 on my '08 and found that the stock pipes with the slip on did not line up like it should have, no matter what I tried.
But once I got the Zard collectors it went together perfect.
The splash guard does not work as far as I know. I think a couple of the guys on here have fabricated up something that works. I do not ride in bad weather so it is not a concern to me personally.

-KK

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help!

This is the most I have every paid for a exhaust system and the worst fit I have ever seen. Surely not up to the level of the rest of the bike.

Greg

·
Registered
112 Posts
I really like the Zard pipes. The only thing I did not like was the heat shield. But I picked up a carbon one from Star Carbon and that took care of that issue. The picture that I attached has a heat shield that I made up temporarily until my carbon fiber one came in.

-KK

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heat shield looks good!

On another note, Spent some time doing the servo limiter mod so I could ditch the cables. Turned on the key and no movement from the motor! Plug is connected and no engine light. I guess I can remove the servo and not have a issue? Read 4-5 pages of exhaust post on the servo and there was a lot of discussion both ways on how this would work with the slipon ECU. All I can report is what mine does. Did not notice a great difference in power, but the low speed fueling and reduce engine temps are what I was looking for. Coming from my 560 SMR motard this thing is a big difference. Now if I could just lay it over in a turn as hard:)

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts