Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to the community ,

I am an owner of a hyper S 08 from Thessaloníki Greece, the bike is really fun inside the city and thrilling outside. I just love it.

So at 5000km i purchased the Termignoni 2-1 which is supposed to be racing and all that and the day i placed the exhaust on and took it for a ride the sticker on the exhaust melted. Then after 1000km the carbon melted and a hole opened up on the back end of the exhaust from the inner side.

We used the guarantee and after 1month and half the replacement came , so we put on the new exhaust and for 2000km it was everything fine . Then again when i opened the motorcycle around 8.5 rpm the sticker melted and now the carbon is melting

I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything similar to my problem, could it be that i am unlucky and 2 times now just?

Or maybe something is wrong with my engine?

As far as i know the exhaust doesn't have flame from behind. Now the bike is at 12000km and Monday i ll take it for the service but what will happen if this keeps going on even when the guarantee is out?

Should i replace the back end of the exhaust with an Akrapovic?

Last time they didn't replace me the front pipes only the last part of the exhaust , could it be that those pipes cause the problem ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
970 Posts
did you change the ECU to the one supplied with the exhaust? Reset TPS afterward as well?? Sound like your bike is running hotter than normal, have you gone into a dealer yet??

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
+ eleventy billion on what dave r said ... running lean fuel mixture is what i would put at top of my list of possible issues causing your trouble.

did you change the ECU to the one supplied with the exhaust? Reset TPS afterward as well?? Sound like your bike is running hotter than normal, have you gone into a dealer yet??

·
Registered
225 Posts
One melted termi sticker with some dark red spots in the carbon replaced just the can of the 2n1 and also good for some time but I have just started to notice a very small dark red spot in the second can now but sticker is still ok. We will see. The bike was dyno tuned to start with so all mixture should be ok. About to put back on dyno to recheck and let dealer know can is doing it again. I do have the dp chip in mine. I have a power commander that I can install if it is off at the dyno.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Malaka!!!
This does not sound nice, good luck with solving the problem!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Greetings to the community ,

I am an owner of a hyper S 08 from Thessaloníki Greece, the bike is really fun inside the city and thrilling outside. I just love it.

So at 5000km i purchased the Termignoni 2-1 which is supposed to be racing and all that and the day i placed the exhaust on and took it for a ride the sticker on the exhaust melted. Then after 1000km the carbon melted and a hole opened up on the back end of the exhaust from the inner side.

We used the guarantee and after 1month and half the replacement came , so we put on the new exhaust and for 2000km it was everything fine . Then again when i opened the motorcycle around 8.5 rpm the sticker melted and now the carbon is melting

I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of anything similar to my problem, could it be that i am unlucky and 2 times now just?

Or maybe something is wrong with my engine?

As far as i know the exhaust doesn't have flame from behind. Now the bike is at 12000km and Monday i ll take it for the service but what will happen if this keeps going on even when the guarantee is out?

Should i replace the back end of the exhaust with an Akrapovic?

Last time they didn't replace me the front pipes only the last part of the exhaust , could it be that those pipes cause the problem ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Hi ,
I have seen the same problems on other Hypermotards .
It is not an engine problem but the carbon fiber itself , the Termignoni carbon fiber .
A person told me that he replaced twice and finally the 3rd silencer is fine but I think he didn't ride so many kilometer so far with the new carbon fiber pipe .
In any case I suggest you to contact the delear .
:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts