Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a little guidance here. I've searched and searched and still came up a bit short. I have a 2010-2014 model and am looking for a BIT more sound out of the bike. If I could be picky, I'd love to have a system with a cat (I'm somewhat of a greenie), and if possible, a can that allows rear wheel removal without disassembly of the exhaust.

I've been looking at the Arrow system, primarily because it has a catted option. But also, a vendor I've purchased from is running an Arrow Group Buy over on another forum. Since they're importing a large shipment for what they'll stock, they're also taking onesies/twosies. Pricing seems pretty darn good...

But before I bite the bullet, looking for some suggestions.

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you just want more sound a new can might do it for you , but I don't know of any that will clear the rear wheel to allow for rear wheel removal . I think the best sound is released from these bikes when decatted , never mind the significant weight loss, IMHO.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Most systems require you to remove the can to get the rear wheel off. It is usually a matter of one bolt and possibly a couple of springs. I just installed a Mivv full system on my 2014 1200S, so far I really like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That Mivv looks really sweet!

I've had the stock tips off and know it's not a big deal. But since the bike has a center stand and a SSA, it'd be nice to do a rear wheel removal when out and about. One less tool to bring.

Part of my reason for wanting something without the STOCK cat is that I want to save some weight and get rid of that monstrosity. I'm cool with putting an aftermarket cat into a full aftermarket system.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Most systems require you to remove the can to get the rear wheel off. It is usually a matter of one bolt and possibly a couple of springs. I just installed a Mivv full system on my 2014 1200S, so far I really like it.
Very nice, I am looking to get the same for my 13 mts st. Does it work with panniers? Where did you get it and did you do a tuning software deal?
Cheers
Stevo

·
Registered
222 Posts
I’ve got a MIVV Ghibli on mine. No need to remove it to get the rim off.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm looking for a little guidance here. I've searched and searched and still came up a bit short. I have a 2010-2014 model and am looking for a BIT more sound out of the bike. If I could be picky, I'd love to have a system with a cat (I'm somewhat of a greenie), and if possible, a can that allows rear wheel removal without disassembly of the exhaust.

I've been looking at the Arrow system, primarily because it has a catted option. But also, a vendor I've purchased from is running an Arrow Group Buy over on another forum. Since they're importing a large shipment for what they'll stock, they're also taking onesies/twosies. Pricing seems pretty darn good...

But before I bite the bullet, looking for some suggestions.
Can you please share a link to the group buy? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
I waffled between MIIV (which I really liked) and Arrow... ultimately I liked that the Arrow can didn't require a second hanger (and I liked the compact black can). Mine is a 15 but I suspect the only thing that changes pre-15 is mid-pipe (and hanger on the MIIV).

What I'm not as sure about is how the short can will work with panniers... they mount but I'll need to monitor for excessive heat (I'm assuming the right pannier will end up soot covered... that's not a biggie... but if it starts melting that'll be a bit of an issue).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Very nice, I am looking to get the same for my 13 mts st. Does it work with panniers? Where did you get it and did you do a tuning software deal?
Cheers
Stevo
Keep in mind mine is a 2014 1200S, but it does work with the stock panniers. The right pannier has a cut out (makes it slightly smaller) and the inner side has a heat shield on it. I went with the TuneBoy set up because I wanted to add a Cruise control. Install was easy and I like being able to load 3 map/trim files. Still working on figuring out the best Map (damn weather).

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts