Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya

I've got some cash to spend on my Std Red, and aside from some carbon goodies, I'm going to bin the OEM Exhaust.

Now there's plenty of aftermarket options out there now, and I'm interested in what we're liking/disliking

I'm keen on a carbon slip-on or carbon can & full exhaust (but is the diff that great?). I'm also wanting a deep, throaty sound. Obviously Termi offer an option but it's serious $ compared to the slip-on cans. I recently heard a Competition Werkes, carbon slip-on, which sounded awesome.

What are the fav's, any issues with particular units, and any ECU or fitting problems?

Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
144 Posts
For what it's worth, I tried the Compwerks slip ons. I purchased the SS version. Good build quality. I didn't like the sound over the stock exhaust when the baffle was in. With the baffle out, it was just loud and I didn't like the sound. It did look nice and it did show off the rear wheel nicely. I thought about the termi slip ons and akro slip ons, but they still didn't show the rear wheel. I ended up getting a full termi system. It was expensive. It does look really nice and shows off the rear. The sound is great. I run without the baffles. The system is loud but has an appealling sound. I think you gain a few ponies and the seems to run a little smoother. There are many other options to consider, however. Good luck with your decision.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I have seen and heard the termi slip ons, they sound a bit deeper then stock. They look alright, but they do cover some of the rear wheel. The full termi set up is by far the best choice but I can't justify spending over 4000 on them. Really the diavel's stock pipes are pretty damn good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm surprised that the REMUS Slip-On System has not been mentioned....

REMUS actually builds the stock exhaust system for the Ducati Diavel which gives them a huge advantage when it comes to producing an aftermarket exhaust option!

The REMUS HyperCone Slip-On System in black has been our #1 Ducati application.

Send me a PM if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

I've PMed you via yr email

Cheers
Steve

I'm surprised that the REMUS Slip-On System has not been mentioned....

REMUS actually builds the stock exhaust system for the Ducati Diavel which gives them a huge advantage when it comes to producing an aftermarket exhaust option!

The REMUS HyperCone Slip-On System in black has been our #1 Ducati application.

Send me a PM if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quat-D is an option

Hi ya

I've got some cash to spend on my Std Red, and aside from some carbon goodies, I'm going to bin the OEM Exhaust.

Now there's plenty of aftermarket options out there now, and I'm interested in what we're liking/disliking

I'm keen on a carbon slip-on or carbon can & full exhaust (but is the diff that great?). I'm also wanting a deep, throaty sound. Obviously Termi offer an option but it's serious $ compared to the slip-on cans. I recently heard a Competition Werkes, carbon slip-on, which sounded awesome.

What are the fav's, any issues with particular units, and any ECU or fitting problems?

Cheers
Steve
I own a Multi and have been seriously considering the Quat-D system. The guys that have them say the are absolutely the best sounding exhaust out there for the 1200. Here is a link: Ducati Diavel Parts - Quat D Exhaust

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big PROPS to Patrick and the guys at Maxmoto

I've been in SF on business and went out to see them about a Remus System. I've looked around at a few systems but really liked the look and sound of the Remus. The Maxmoto team were super friendly and helpful, and got me sorted with a titanium unit.

Even though they're out towards Oakland, they went to the trouble of dropping me back into the city! Cool guys!

I can't wait to get it fitted when I get back to NZ

Cheers guys
Steve

Steve,

Thank you for the email! I sent you some additional information:D
Stop by our warehouse when you are in the Bay Area!

Regards,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Big PROPS to Patrick and the guys at Maxmoto

I've been in SF on business and went out to see them about a Remus System. I've looked around at a few systems but really liked the look and sound of the Remus. The Maxmoto team were super friendly and helpful, and got me sorted with a titanium unit.

Even though they're out towards Oakland, they went to the trouble of dropping me back into the city! Cool guys!

I can't wait to get it fitted when I get back to NZ

Cheers guys
Steve
Good choice picking Remus, I like mine alot.:cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I got the CW slip-on without the muffler and it ran terrible. Cough, sputter, back-fire and seemed down on power. The price was right and it does look good in my opinion, in fact the termi now looks too large top to bottom. I was going to sell the CW but I thought, I've spent this much money before I sell it spend another $40 and try the silencer. I put the silencer on (real easy) and road it around for a short ride. The silencer made it run much smoother, no coughing and the backfire on deceleration was about the same as stock. Didn't really get on it too much because we have a lot of tax collectors running around disguised as CHP and I recently got a ticket for traveling with the flow of traffic, but the power seems to be back in place and now I'm happy with the CW. If the weather gets better (snow this morning) maybe I'll get a chance to ride it harder.

PS The sound is better with the silencer, loud but racing sounding when on the throttle but not too loud when off the thrrottle. Better than stock in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Slip-on

I bought the Werkes Competition slip-on, installed without the silencer. Huge, basso-profundo sound and shows off the rear wheel beautifully. You gotta consider this one! -Dr Ron:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anyone try Zard?

This is the Zard Slip on:

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just got a news letter. They're running a group buy offering 20% off. Used discount code HPCORSE on check out.

Enjoy

Hey IL_MOSTRO,

Thanks for posting this. I have a question, though.

Did you ever buy anything from these people - are they legit???

I was about to place an order for the HP Corse Factory with the "HPCORSE" discount ($300 discount, about 15% right now but at least it is still active) and I see they only take PayPal ???

That makes me a little bit concerned.

Anyone dealt with "Italian Moto Styles" and had a successful transaction?

http://italianmotostyles.com/index.p...product_id=715

·
Registered
393 Posts
Just wanted to update this thread since my last post...

So as I was already looking into the HP Corse Factory exhaust ... I emailed italianmotostyles.com on Saturday night of all times and they literally (I'm assuming it's the owner) got back to me within like 10 minutes. I've been emailing back and forth with them over the weekend and got an order sorted out for a few items plus the HP Corse Factory exhaust (they have an ongoing 15% off on this with the coupon code that IL_MONSTRO mentioned, "HPCORSE").

I'm very happy with the deal and with the communication - I'll definitely post back here once I get my order and start installing everything on my bike. Can't wait to unleash the sound of the Devil!!! :yeah:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts