Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exhaust Musings (AGAIN !!!)

Right

I,ve been staring @ Freezers end can & cant help thinking that 2 of those in place of the standard cans would look fookin shit hot.
A bit like the competition werkes ones but carbon. They would easily stay in place with the springs & i could lose the pegs. They would have slash end caps & an option for db killers.

To save me time does anyone know the diameter of the end can that fits into the header pipes ?

Right i,m on a mission now.....Will make calls tomorrow...:D

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Go to the termi website and have a look at the yamaha section. I believe it's the R6 Y077 model. There should be full specs on there, also there is three different models in DB's.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'd like to see two of these side by side:

No specs that I could see

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Them,s em Vinny

Gonna get onto it tomorrow:D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I,ve spoken to someone tonight. May have two of these next week.

They will of course be direct fit & have with / without baffles..Get ready..:D

I,m thinking some of you will be a bit unsure about them staying on with just the springs, SO I,m thinkin a small self tapper drilled on the back edge of the pipes should stop them going anywhere. I also have stainless tiewraps that we use for work. You never get them off without cuttin them

Attachments

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RIGHT.........

All the bits to make these will be here next week, so fingers crossed i,ll have em done fitted. They WILL NOT now include baffles as he said waste of time for a can that big & the restriction of the baffle will cause more problems with heat, better to let them breathe

Freezer ..A word of caution. The guy i get the bits off, said "You will be lucky to get 2000 miles out of your system or in fact the one i,m constructing"

He reckons the size of the cans is too small to dissipate heat & they will get blown to fuck by the pulses of the twin.

We shall see eh ? :D

If they fit & are a goer , Anyone interested in a set ?....:D

·
Registered
412 Posts
RIGHT.........

All the bits to make these will be here next week, so fingers crossed i,ll have em done fitted. They WILL NOT now include baffles as he said waste of time for a can that big & the restriction of the baffle will cause more problems with heat, better to let them breathe

Freezer ..A word of caution. The guy i get the bits off, said "You will be lucky to get 2000 miles out of your system or in fact the one i,m constructing"

He reckons the size of the cans is too small to dissipate heat & they will get blown to fuck by the pulses of the twin.

How much are the cans?

I would think it could get costly if you have to replace the cans every 2000 miles. And if were the case then I'd be on my second set right now.

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts

If I need to add duct er I mean duc tape, so be it. :D

·
Bon Vivant
11,252 Posts
RIGHT.........

I'd be interested Blackie (for the right price of course)

I'm still working on the boss for a Full Termi kit - I definitely have her softened up. ;)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I reckon with a bit of labour and some welding that needs doing to the spring mount. You will be looking around £350 to £400, but it may be a bit cheaper. Bear in mind that the racefit growler is essentially a similar type of can & the single can alone is more than a pair of these
The main expense has been getting the 65mm size for the bottom of the can & the rolled end cap , which due to its current popularity is twice the cost of most other end caps, but there is no point doing a shit job.
The internals are 2 inch , but the end cap will be bigger. The carbon will be foil lined to stop discolouration & there will be steel wool & glass fibre in the wadding , again to prevent the can getting hot.

I,m hoping they will be the holy grail that some of us are craving, A moto GP style,mean looking,sounding can. Without butchering the pipes & which follows the lines of the originals to keep it looking like Ducati intended..Without it costing us a kidney to buy. I know people need to make a living & they have overheads, I am self employed & these days money is tight.

I hope to get the bits & i cant wait to get them done.

As a matter of course i have also done a deal on some slimline ballasts for the hid kit which should fit between the airbox & the heimholz box. So no pissing around trying to remove the bloody thing. They will be here tomorrow & i can take orders for those once i am happy that i can market it for people to fit on their own.
Should make for better confidence if you dont need to strip half the bike down just to fit a hid light....

·
Bon Vivant
11,252 Posts
$665.00 US? that's the best deal in a slip-on I've seen yet!

The one concern I have is the spacing. The original mufflers are massive, if these are a lot thinner then because
the pipes are spaced for the large diameter mufflers a large space between them may not look right.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The gap at the moment is about an inch (25mm) . The original can is 120mm dia & the new ones are 86mm

I therefore conclude that the gap will be approx 60mm./65mm

I tried a mock up Flyn, but i,m shit on paint shop:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think it will look very clean if we can fit them stable with no pegs ...:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts