Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I decided to take my Termis off whilst doing exactly the same thing.
A little suprised to find that the connection between the two cans is just a simple sliding fit - no clamp.
I guess a clamp's not really necessary as long as the joint is tight, which is was in my case as whoever had mounted them had used some sealant.
A smear of sealant's your answer with a stainless clamp if you really feel the need.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fit is to sloppy
i'm told it can effect the tuning

sealer wont fix this joint

a small split and a quality clamp similar to the other termis type

check all the other joints my cat converter slipped down as well
i'm using a silicon based RTV high temp gel copper based ?
just wanted to see if they all looked this way
and any fixes


I had leaks every where
Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,200 Posts
I had a similar problem. I used Loctite RTV clear silicone sealant. I tried using a thin film but that didn't work, then I applied a good amount and it worked well. Check for leaks in all of the joints before fix the one, you don't want to go back after you have fixed one leak only to find another. Have plenty of cleaning materials available, let it set overnight (probably not necessary but that's what worked for me) and the things will work fine.

Next time I'll use LeoVince or Zard. The Termingnoni is just expensive and not as good.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,284 Posts
High temp copper sealant Permatex Gosoline compatable no leaks anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
I had a similar problem. I used Loctite RTV clear silicone sealant. I tried using a thin film but that didn't work, then I applied a good amount and it worked well. Check for leaks in all of the joints before fix the one, you don't want to go back after you have fixed one leak only to find another. Have plenty of cleaning materials available, let it set overnight (probably not necessary but that's what worked for me) and the things will work fine.

Next time I'll use LeoVince or Zard. The Termingnoni is just expensive and not as good.
zards are bout same quality or worse than termis at least their first sets i got one of their first batch and i had some gap leaks which is expected usually a quick fix with sealant or clamp.then the carbon cans became a problem the rivets holding the endcaps where so close to the edge they all broke through and the end caps were falling off!
finally fixed it myself by cutting the cans down alittle and seting the rivets back from the edge with some aluminum sleeves.moral of the story these aftermarket exhausts are made very poorly for the money you pay.next time making one my self just got new hydralic tubing bender.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
termi leaks / evo tidy tail

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...rephone020.jpg


http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/p...rephone021.jpg

I gave up and cut a fine line in conjunction then used a stainless/steel clamp bolt clamp with the high temp RTV on all joints

without the split the gap was just too much
once I did up the clamp the seal was fixed. ride tomorrow for final assessment.

the ducati dealership had 3 goes at sealing leaks what a crap job they did.

Now i'm ready to fit the leo vince kat eliminator later
wish me luck

the evotech tail looks and fitted like a NASA part.
despite having the DP rack drama's
great product .

shane
Oz
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top