Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
until i can somehow figure out how to rob a bank for a leo vince, i want something for my 04 749.
i have found a few 999R exhausts for 300ish range. are these basically stock minus cats? is there any gain, sound or performance? will the 999 bolt up to the 749 pipes? what years are compatible?

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
until i can somehow figure out how to rob a bank for a leo vince, i want something for my 04 749.
i have found a few 999R exhausts for 300ish range. are these basically stock minus cats? is there any gain, sound or performance? will the 999 bolt up to the 749 pipes? what years are compatible?
If it is an 03 exhaust that says "For race use only" on the can, then it is an R exhaust that does not have cats. It will be a small improvement, but if you want it loud, it wont be that. It will fit your bike.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
that termi says its the full 54mm titanium exhaust, not the factory "termi"
Some people use the word "termi" for factory stuff as well. I don't to prevent confusion. That "Termignoni" is the brand (just in case you did not know). Termignoni made a few different configurations for the XX9 series. The 54mm is the best one for the 749.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
if its a true aftermarket 54mm, is it worth $1500? would it be worth the extra $350 for the ecu? i already have a power commander
That exhaust new was about 3K, so I would say it is worth it if it has everything and is not damaged. You have a power commander, dont worry about the ECU, but you will need a tune after it is installed. Power commander will have maps that you can install that will be close to what you need, at their website.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
what about an "S" exhaust? any different? an 05 that has "for racing use only" on it
I have never seen one that says "for racing use only". I have never heard of the S exhausts being any different. If it is, it is not noticeable from what I have seen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts