Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I bought a 2014 Multistrada S with full Termi exhaust and tune. Bike is awesome. Love everything......well almost everything, about it. The carbon fiber shield on the Termi pipe annoys my heel, its seems to really be in the way. Am I the only one? A search turns up nothing.

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fine on mine. It's the centre stand on the other side that annoys me

Do you have full Termi exhaust on a 1200? I think its different on the 1200 than on the 1260. For certain the heat guard on the Termi for the1200 intrudes way more than the center stand.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the full system. The exhaust carbon cover never has interfered with my foot. When I get some times, I'll be cutting the side stand placement foot down to cure the problem on the left side.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Previous owner of my 2012 had the shield removed and second time out on the bike I melted my boot on the pipe. I put the shield on and it doesn't bother me, but I do notice it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Annoys me very much! As does the center stand. I have a friend with a cut center stand and it's not nearly as easy to get the bike up on it, so I'll leave be.
I wish there was a work around but I can't see any way to fix. I bought mine missing the shield and it melted my boot. The small piece of carbon was not cheap! So I really try to stay away from it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
If your boot melts to fit, problem solved, right? :)

I noticed the heat shield by my boot when I first got my Monster, but got used to it.
Now I only notice the pipe trying to roast my thigh at a stop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts