Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have a 900SS/SP with low mount exhaust, and I just put on a solo seat.

I've seen other SS's with nice-looking lightweight aluminum brackets that replace the triangle-shaped exhaust hanger that also holds the passenger footpeg. Does anyone know where these brackets might be available?

Thanks,

d.

Attachments

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Absolutely love the solo-seat tails on the 900ss'. I lucked into my hangers via one of the forum board members, if i remember correctly, in response to an inquiry such as yours.

Mine were manufactured by someone in the local area (machined), perhaps you might be able to find someone to do the same?

Best of luck with your search, my buddy is doing the same.

See ya

·
Registered
735 Posts
exhaust hangers

Hey "d",

Make some from 3/4" x 1/8" aluminum strap you can get at Lowe's. Light, you can bend it to a nice curve, you can drill it with a regular drill and bits, file to smooth the rough spots. Use two per side, one from each of the upper mounts, overlap the ends at the muffler mount.

Fred

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Hey "d",

Make some from 3/4" x 1/8" aluminum strap you can get at Lowe's. Light, you can bend it to a nice curve, you can drill it with a regular drill and bits, file to smooth the rough spots. Use two per side, one from each of the upper mounts, overlap the ends at the muffler mount.

Fred[/QUOTE

Home Depot.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
...Make some from 3/4" x 1/8" aluminum strap you can get at Lowe's. Light, you can bend it to a nice curve, you can drill it with a regular drill and bits, file to smooth the rough spots. Use two per side, one from each of the upper mounts, overlap the ends at the muffler mount.

Fred
is it possible to get a sheet of this type of aluminum to cut to a desired shape?
if so, what would you guys recommend using to cut the aluminum as I'd like to make a set for my bike.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You're in luck! I make some that replace the stockers with a tube V. I make them out of Cromoly and powdercoat them or Stainless. I'll be in the shop this weekend making 5 sets or so! Here's a pic, doesnt fully capture them, but they're quite simple and easy to imagine...

They're 85.00$ powdercoated, $95.00 stainless.

·
Motorcycle Addict
67 Posts
Interested too, let me know when and thanks :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
exhaust hangers. . .

The upper mounts on the frame are not in the same plane as the muffler mounts, so a flat sheet probably will not work. Look at the original bracket and you may see the offset.

Fred

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey all. I have a 900SS/SP with low mount exhaust, and I just put on a solo seat.

I've seen other SS's with nice-looking lightweight aluminum brackets that replace the triangle-shaped exhaust hanger that also holds the passenger footpeg. Does anyone know where these brackets might be available?

Thanks,

d.
Bike looks great! Where did you get the solo seat/cowl? Is anybody making those?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bike looks great! Where did you get the solo seat/cowl? Is anybody making those?

I got the solo tail from a lister on this forum. I think that they are still made by Airtech and other aftermarket manufacturers. It's a replica of the stock Superlight/FE tail section.

Cheers

d.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
You saying you're gonna make some then, Dirk? :)

cheers

d.
I actually have thought about it. I have a vacuum pump with bags for veneering wood, which I've never gotten around to using, so maybe they could be used for C/F stuff? I don't know enough and I don't have the time or money really to figure it out. I wish I did though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts