Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

Just purchased a 2019 Hypermotard 950 SP and am getting the full Termignoni exhaust installed. Most of the pictures I have seen online have a special exhaust hanger that deletes the passenger pegs. I have tried to find better pictures that give the name on them, but I can only blow up the pictures and the name becomes distorted. I believe them to be OEM Ducati Performance parts, but the website doesn't list them and my parts counter at the dealership can't find them.
I was hoping someone here has actually seen them in person and can help me out. Thanks s0 much.
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Scott. I have the same problem. I've looked everywhere and can't find the aluminum ones on the press launch bikes. I will post if I come up with a solution. Please do the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted Ducati USA and talked to a rep there. We talked for a bit and I showed him what I was looking at. He took my number and called me back later. He said he had walked down to R&D and talked with them and they were supposed to be releasing it late 2019, but I still have not seem them for listed on the Ducati site. My bike is in the shop right now for the stalling issues, so I'm not in a huge hurry to buy parts for a bike I can't even ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Scott. I emailed them with the same request today. I'll let you know what kind of response I get. I'm also waiting on Bursig to make an adapter plate for the 950SP. I contact those guys once a month!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey
I contacted Ducati USA and talked to a rep there. We talked for a bit and I showed him what I was looking at. He took my number and called me back later. He said he had walked down to R&D and talked with them and they were supposed to be releasing it late 2019, but I still have not seem them for listed on the Ducati site. My bike is in the shop right now for the stalling issues, so I'm not in a huge hurry to buy parts for a bike I can't even ride.
Hey Scott. I got a reply to my email about the heel guards on the press launch bikes. They told me to contact my dealer and see if they can source the part. Not the answer I was looking for. I will keep looking and post back with any good news.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My bike is in the shop for the stalling issues and I have been in contact with higher ups. I asked them last night about these also while I had them on the phone. He asked for a part number. Told him I didn't have one. I sent him pictures while we were on the phone and he is supposed to be looking into it. Maybe he can make some waves. LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got in contact with the parts accessories manager at Ducati N.A. today. Doesn't look good. He told me he doesn't see anything in list of items coming down the pipeline that matches that. He thinks if they were going to be released, they would have been by now. He also thinks that Ducati might have scrapped them once in production. I had him look at the pictures and he agreed about them saying Ducati Performance. He suggested I get ahold of Ducati Spain as they did the press releases and see if they have any insight.
Only other option is get custom ones made. Shouldn't be super hard to get them mocked up in CAD and then turned out. May have to do this once I get the bike back.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm not on the single exhaust train but looking at the design of the bike I would suggest you consider getting something custom made out of aluminum tubing. Should not be too expensive to have made and with the welds and a ladder design you could really mirror the subframe. Actually now that I think of it, the passenger pegs I quickly took off my Hyper 950 were round tube. There's an opportunity to keep it looking OEM plus! Just a thought.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I got in contact with Ducati of Italy. Bad news. It was a pre-production part for the demo bikes and is never going to be made for sale.
So my plan of action is to wait until I get my bike back and work on some CAD drawings and see about getting some made that mirror the ones on the demo bike. Once I get them made, I'll see if anyone is interested in them and figure out a price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is what I drew up last night. I'm not a professional at all... If you couldn't tell by the drawings. :) But i uploaded the pics to my tv and scaled them up taking measurements off the actual bike and copied these. Trying to find detailed pics of an item never released is hard. My next step is to buy some aluminium and work on cutting and fitting these pieces and fine tuning what I like and don't like once on the bike. Also need to figure out bends as the pics are not super focused once you blow them up. I have sourced the black screws that they used, so that is good. After I get everything mocked up how I like them, I'll get them drawn up in CAD ( I think) and work on getting them professionally cut and either anodized or painted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts