Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Exhaust For New S2R

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Seabass 
#1 ·
I just purchased a new 2006 S2R. "If you don't buy the Termignoni system from Ducati, you won't be under warranty if you blow up your engine." OK, but, I don't have the roughly $2500.00 they want for a complete system. Does anyone know of a manufacturer who might have even just slip ons for the new S2R? Or, does the mafia control this?

#2 ·
Arrow makes a damn fine replacement system with a mid pipe that replaces that suitcase catalyzer thing....and as far as the whole warranty thing....well....keep the stock system in a box somewhere and put it on if you ever have a problem before you take it to the dealer....but I have never seen an exhaust system be the cause of a motor blowing up!

#3 ·
Monster exhaust

There are alot of options out there,but if you want the new ducati performance labeled exhaust they are built by REMUS ,with that said try Section8Superbike ask for Jake.They will take care of you dealing with this warranty issue.I bought my 57mm Titanium exhaust from them and they guided me thru the whole installation process. They were very reasonable on the exhaust considering I have an R model.Good Luck,Neal

#5 ·
I just heard a 2006 S2R with cut pipes. It is a totally free modification, all you do is cut the mid pipe and if you don't like it, you can always buy a new mid section and re-install the stock hardware. But I heard it at a Ducati dealership and it sounds absolutely awesome. That is what I plan to do.

I would also like to find a reasonably priced carbon fiber slip on exhaust, but if I can't find one (any ideas??) I am just going to cut mine. Really cleans up the appearance of the rear of the bike as well. You can see the whole wheel with the single swing arm, etc. Looks and sounds awesome.

#6 ·
2006 S2R 1000 exhaust

"ARROW EXHAUST"....The sound is so damn good. Full system is about $1400 and it will available soon. I've listen a S2R 800 with Arrow full system on last weekend. It sounds better than my S4R with the same system. And this exhaust system looks much much better than any other brand for the same bike. If u want jsut a slip-on, price is about $800 and it's available now because it fits all 3 Monster SR version. But I really don't suggest that becuase before I installed by Arrow system, I tried to run with catalyzer thing with no muffler. It sounds almost the same as the full system now. Imagine how it sounds after u put a slip-on on the catalyzer.......It's really no good!!!!

#7 ·
Bernans4r said:
"ARROW EXHAUST"....The sound is so damn good. Full system is about $1400 and it will available soon. I've listen a S2R 800 with Arrow full system on last weekend. It sounds better than my S4R with the same system. And this exhaust system looks much much better than any other brand for the same bike. If u want jsut a slip-on, price is about $800 and it's available now because it fits all 3 Monster SR version. But I really don't suggest that becuase before I installed by Arrow system, I tried to run with catalyzer thing with no muffler. It sounds almost the same as the full system now. Imagine how it sounds after u put a slip-on on the catalyzer.......It's really no good!!!!
Bernan- Thanks for the suggestion. Can you clarify what you are saying at the end? Do you recommend running just the slip on or not? I have not yet heard a bike with the slip ons, but I have heard a bike with cut pipes (after the catalytic) and it sounded very good. Not quite as good as a bike with the whole Termignoni system, but damn good considering cutting your pipes is a free mod.

#8 ·
SilverTT said:
Bernan- Thanks for the suggestion. Can you clarify what you are saying at the end? Do you recommend running just the slip on or not? I have not yet heard a bike with the slip ons, but I have heard a bike with cut pipes (after the catalytic) and it sounded very good. Not quite as good as a bike with the whole Termignoni system, but damn good considering cutting your pipes is a free mod.
I suggest to get a full system cuz the bike will get more horse power, better and louder sound and it looks much better without the catalyter. I never heard a bike with slip-on, but for sure it will not as loud as with full system. And if u want to use cut pipe (with the catalyter). I wonder what will it sound when the engine at high RPM. I only heard it when the engine at low RMP and idle.

#10 ·
I know that the SB termi full system is quieter than the half system, but this could be because of the conjoined pipes coming into one muffler.

Those Quad D pipes are awesome, especially if you have a SSSA like the S*R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.