Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 streetfighter 848 with the termignoni slip-ons,ecu and k&n filter. My question is, does the ecu for just the slip-on mufflers eliminate the flapper valve? If so, I would like to just remove the servo and cable. But I'm not sure if the slip-on ecu eliminates the flapper or if just the full system ecu does.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
As already said. No, it does not. The K&N air filter is junk. The only air filter that will keep your airbox clean is the MWR air filter.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the reply. Just so you know I bought the bike used and since have replaced the k&n with the two piece mwr air filter. I was disappointed with Ducati and such a poorly designed air intake.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to let you guys know, I think maybe the ecu that comes with the slip-on termignoni does disable flapper. I ordered the vizi-tech flapper eliminator and will install that. But I went out, took my seat off, started the bike and the servo didn't move. I revved the bike a bit and still nothing. It wasn't in gear, so there it's that possibility that it only closes at certain rpm's while in gear. But I might have just spent $50 that wasn't needed.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
The Termi slip on ECU does not disable the flapper. If your flapper isn't working either the stepper motor isn't working or your ECU has been flashed to disable the flapper. When you turn the key on the stepper motor does a sweep check. If yours isn't doing that then something is going on.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The cables were connected at both ends. The servo was plugged in, so no servo eliminator. Also no check engine lights. The servo did not do a sweep check or move at all when running or slowly revving the engine. And tonight, I removed the servo with the bracket holding it in place as well as the cable and all the brackets for the cable. I see no need for any unnecessary weight, so I'm very annual about removing any unnecessary items.
I have the servo eliminator coming Wednesday, so while I was in the garage tonight I just removed everything, and that's when I decided to even watch the servo do it's work and was surprised to see it wasn't doing anything and I just spent money to properly dispose of the whole flapper valve deal.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The ECU does not disable the flapper, but if you disconnect or remove the servo it will not throw a CEL. I flashed my stock ECU to the slip on Termi map and it's been CEL free for years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Termi Ecu must disable flapper cause my 2012 848sf which I purchased new the valve has never cycled when started it remains opened. Ducati informed me that all this is correct.

·
Registered
136 Posts
For those concerned about the flapper valve and want to ensure that it's disabled, just physically remove it. Concerned about CEL thereafter? Reflash your ECU and disable it, or purchase the servo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts