Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I have a question that would like to have it responded. :eek:

On my 1991 900ss I have an open airbox with a K&N, I also have the Jet Kit Stage 2 and every now and then I like to swap exhausts. I have currently four exhausts setups which I like swapping depending on if I am riding with my wife or by myself. I have a Hi-Mount Fast By Ferracci Carbon, an OEM Remus with baffles, an OEM Low-Mount completely debaffled and a High-Mount Superlight OEM with baffles.

My question is: could I harm the engine or something if running the bike with the jet kit (which is supposed to be for open pipes) but using the "baffled" pipes??? I honestly can't feel a noticeable difference with either the open(debaffled) or the restricted-close(baffled) slipons other than sound volume, weight and look!!! Bike runs perfect with either configuration!! But still concerned!!!

Thanks to all who "pit-stop" and share their knowledge and response!

Vickon :abduct:

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Yes, if it runs good to you and doesn't foul plugs, it's all good.

·
Registered
662 Posts
...My question is: could I harm the engine or something if running the bike with the jet kit (which is supposed to be for open pipes) but using the "baffled" pipes??? I honestly can't feel a noticeable difference with either the open(debaffled) or the restricted-close(baffled) slipons other than sound volume, weight and look!!! Bike runs perfect with either configuration!! But still concerned!!!
I'm with you, I can detect virtually no difference in performance from just changing slip ons. Having said that, more backpressure with baffled pipes would usually mean a richer condition so certainly no damage would occur but it could just run a little burbly off the needles.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much guys!!! I was actually wrong!!! It has the Stage 1 Jet Kit not the Stage 2!!! :eek:

I have Iridium plugs with Dyna Coils (green) and bike plugs are nice and clean and bike runs beautiful either way thru the whole powerband!!! Just asked because I was concerned about running bike reach or lean!!! :eek:

Once again, thanks for your input guys. I really appreciate it!!!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!!! :D

Vickon:abduct:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts